1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Side Wall Detailing

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Bicster1299, Apr 21, 2021.

1. I have noticed a bit of tyre slip when first driving off having liberally sprayed tyre dressing on my car tyres, so have never dared try it on bike. I guess I could be a lot more sparing with it, but not a risk I want to take.

2. It’s a no from me.

I don’t need any help setting Highsides in motion

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near my tyre sidewalls with any form of tyre dressing. Most of the cheap products for cars cause have a huge amount of fling that can travel up the side panels, but even with the non-fling dry touch dressing I use, I still wouldn't put it near bike tyres. If the tyre sidewalls do look like they need a bit of a tidy up, I'll approach them the same way as I do car tyres with an APC and tyre brush. This will get rid of any browning and leave them cleaner, but no back to black for me

4. Will do a video if anyone is interested?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ;) nice bin shot previously
    videos are good

6. American. And a Suzuki. Tells you everything!

7. greasing your motorcycle tyres? jesus wept....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. There is a very well known dealer on Westgate road, Newcastle upon Tyne. They used to do the whole tyre, sidewall and treads! I assume so it looked a lot newer. Bloody idiots.

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. Is that like the old trick of going over the tread with a black marker pen to make them look deeper ;):laughing:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information