1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Travel Pump

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jose, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Anyone have a travel air pump for the road? Will this fit under the Hyper 939 seat?

What are you guy's using incase of flats, if anything?

2. I don’t carry anything. If the tyres flat it’s usually because it has something in it like a screw.
    On a long trip I carry a tyre plug/ puncture repair kit which has small Co2 canisters that use a valve adapter, I think mines GIVI
    Luckily never had to use it

#2 Andy800, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Do you think it would fit under the hyper seat?

4. There is next to no room under the seat.
    If you leave the tool kit at home ,you can fit a small puncture and canister repair kit in its place ,but nothing like the one in the previous post .The one i had was in a plastic bag and very small.

5. If I'm doing long distance I've got Krieger courier bag....usually have a hand full of tools in there...

6. If I’m doing a few days away I have a kreiga US10 I use with some tools, cable ties, duct tape and a can of tyre weld just in case. Not that I’d know what to do with any of it. :)

7. Sorry op, that kit isn't going under an hyper seat.... There is just about room for the air it pumps

8. Have a look at the "Dynaplug" puncture repair system.
    Its the smallest, neatest, easiest to use system that I've come across.
    Also the manufacturers claim that the resultant repair is reliable in the long term, not just as a get-you-home measure (though you would still probably get a proper repair done when time permitted).
    One major advantage of the system is that you don't need to ream out the puncture hole before fitting the repair plug.
    This means that if you get a nail in the tyre and it has lost some, but not all of its pressure, you can retain (most of) the residual pressure while the repair is done, rather than losing it all when you ream the hole.
    Therefore fewer gas canisters are needed to repressurise the tyre after the repair has been completed .. meaning that you need to carry fewer canisters.
    My kit fits under the seat of my monster.
    Unfortunately (or luckily, depending on your point of view) I haven't had a puncture since I bought the Dynaplug kit so I can't give a total recommendation from user experience but it certainly looks like the best repair system that I have come across.
    And its tiny.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I actually have one on order with Amazon, great kit!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information