1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres For Multistrada 1260

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by gc6269, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Firstly an apology for starting yet another tyre thread.

There’s two reasons, I need a new pair of tyres and every time I use the search function, the replies seem (at least to me) to be all over the place.

Plus, I was thinking a friendly mod might make this a sticky, so all rubber related posts can go on this. I ride a 1260PP but I’d imagine most suggestions will cover 1200s too.

I’m currently running Diablo Rosso 3s and despite having a happy experience of them on another bike, just never really gelled with them. You can probably tell from my choice that long life isn’t a major issue to me. 3k from a back tyre is enough providing I get the right kind of grip. I’m a weekend rider mostly. If I get a long trip or two a year (long means long weekend) I’ll be lucky. Plus I don’t do a lot of wet weather stuff.

What recommendations do you have? I’ve been looking at both Metzeler Racetec and Sportec but not sure if to go 9RR or 7RR. Also Michelin, but in reality I’m open to any brand.

Thanks.

2. Might as well ask your mum to recommend a girlfriend :joy: FWIW, M7RRs would be my choice. Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Bridgestone S22’s on mine .

4. Simples
    Michelin Road 5’s, even if you are a track god you will never run out of grip, i think they are a tyre that really suit the Multi

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. She did that once, worst 15 minutes of my life!

What’s the difference between M7RR and the 9s?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thread moved and title changed to suit

7. Until you mentioned it, I'd not heard of them but it would appear they are the 'new' tyre that replaces the M7RR which has been around for a while now. Looks like natural progression. Ultimate road legal would be the Racetech RR but really, really shit mileage, maybe 1000 miles tops. Andy

8. Metzeler Z8s.

Perfect tyre for the Multi in my opinion.

9. The Metzeler M9 RR is the first Supersport tyre made with 100% silica in all compounds, both for front and rear tyres. Apparently giving 10% improvement in mileage over the M7’s.

I ordered a pair today for my Multi, can’t wait to try them out. I always really liked the M7’s.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Metzeler Roadtec 01's on mine. Lots of good reviews on those and they came on the bike, but honestly - there is not 5% difference in any brand/type when used on the roads. No-one can use even the "worst" of 'em to anywhere near their potential.

If you liked whatever you used last time - put the same back on ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Baby needs new boots.
    Off to the accessories dealer to get the Angel GT mounted.
    Love working with a SSSA. Removing the wheel is Easy-Peezy.
    BTW, the OEM Scorpion lasted 9333 kms as of yesterday's pull-off. It probably had another 1000 kms left on it but it was getting a bit square on top. Not bad since I've never gotten more that 7000 kms out of a tire previously albeit all of those were sport tires.The worst of which was a Supercorsa on the Monster which lasted only 3500 kms.
    20200503_212126.jpg 20200503_220930.jpg

#11 DarR, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  12. Metzeler have recently launched an updated Roadtec 01 which looks good. Andy

13. Just make sure you get a heavyweight option for the rear if it's available.

14. Michelin Pilot Power on my Monster, and a brandnew Michelin Pilot Power on my 999R..
    Iam verry Happy with those...they never disapointed me, not even on the race track.
    and the Price is verry good too..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information