1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyson Fury Or Deontay Wilder? Spoiler! Third Time This Weekend

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jez900ie, Nov 30, 2018.

?
  1. Fury - The UK's Gypsy King

90.9%
  2. Wilder - Americas Bronze Bomber

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilder is a brave brave man.

• Like Like x 1
  2. He eats a hell of a lot. Being a heavy weight he doesn’t have to cut to a specific weight. He’s obviously very ring fit though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fury piled on the pounds to enable him to lean on and rough up wilder in the clinches. Fury is one of the greats and deserves recognition as such. His highlight reels (apart from the clip when he uppercuts himself ) show off some superb boxing skills. Southpaw or orthodox, he truly is a superb mover and not that easy to hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I watched it live with my boys
    Quite possibly one of the best heavyweight bouts for years.
    Fury vs usyk?

• Like Like x 3
  5. I’m not sure that will happen any time soon. Usyk & the hyped up body builder will no doubt fight again. Dillian White is the likely (mandatory) next bout for Fury.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Tysons stool design from the night. Also a bit taller apparently
    Screenshot_20211010-200940_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ha ha, yeah I saw that :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Epic fight and the result put Wilder’s whingeing to sleep (along with the proponent of it) though no doubt he’ll be on You Tube soon enough claiming that he was abducted by aliens the night before or that Fury had an ACME anvil hidden in his glove.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. As much skill as Usyk has I think he will give too much away in size to win but I would prefer this bout over any as it will be a boxing fest, but you know the matchroom machine will want it’s golden egg back so rematch for sure for AJ who would be better off fighting anyone but Usyk at present

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Does anyone else look at Fury and think, does he even train, from a physical point. Yeh he's a big man, but you know what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Wow, that looks like an awesome contest, fair play to Wilder for taking that much, even at that level, that's a proper beating tbf, everyone of his trips to the floor looked more significant than the two fury took.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah he looks like he has rolled off the sofa each fight but he does train and has a right gas tank on him for 19 stone so he is doing something right he just wasn’t blessed with genetics like Wilder

#92 Count_Ducoo, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I don't underestimate the boiler inside him, but yeh, rolled off the sofa, has a pint and a fry then goes and wins a title. Certainly some natural ability.

14. He's got huge lungs, plus a heart to match (literally and figuratively) along with fast hands and head/foot movement. Punching is mostly technique and timing and huge beach muscles like Wilder's (and AJ's) take a lot of energy to run so sometimes some athletes in some disciplines can do without them (linemen in American football are another bunch of freaks who look like slobs yet can do a 4.5 sec 40 yd dash). It seems he also came in heavy as part of a game plan to lean on and wear out Wilder and as he's obviously one of those "fit but fat" people, it worked for him.

#94 Zhed46, Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Over this last 18 months I decided I hated gyms, the inconvenience of them and the throbbers that prance around it so fitted the garage out with a power rack, heavy bag and bits of strength stuff and have dirty bulked up to 19 in the process I’m fucked trying to go up the attic now picked up a secondhand treadmill this week going to see how much pain the poor bastard goes through to have decent cardio he really is talented though very much agreed and under appreciated uppercutting himself not withstanding

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tried a small boxing club, not to fight, just to get fit, man it was hard, sore, knackered, I even think my bones hurt. The lads there were brilliant, a lot of respect given no matter your ability, if you tried your best they helped. Brilliant club and people. I was never going to be a boxer, but fitness, I think it was the hardest, not just the bags, but also the circuit training etc.
    Tbf, the lads there, when they hit a bag, I just thought I'm never getting into a ring. I do miss it though.

17. Yeah, he looks in shit order from a fitness point of view. If he wasn’t 6’9” you’d probably spill his pint just for a laugh. And snog his bird…

Then wake up in ICU….

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Now winter is coming, and I’m very very out of shape at the mo, I joined the gym as I won’t be doing 40 miles (on so I’m fairly walking fit and can do an 8 miler that had an elevation over 1000ft ok) every week on the golf course. But I just hate the thought of it even. I’ll have to go when everyone else does, after work time, as I can’t be eating too late as my wife likes to eat occasionally at the same time! And can’t eat at 5 and go at 8 as that’s too early for both of us to eat. Signed up three weeks ago, not been once yet.

19. A mate of mine runs a big gym in Doncaster. He told me 70% of fee payers don't go. If it wasn't for them the gym would fold. Paying's the easy bit, getting through the door a bit more difficult. I don't like gyms either. Too many wankers poncing about. Got a treadmill, spinning bike and kettle bells in the garage. Plenty of woods for running and cycle paths around me too. Sorted.

20. I boxed (training and sparring) until 2019 but a house move, then lockdown and then dislocating my shoulder and trapping my radial nerve have meant an extended hiatus. Fitness is a vicious circle - you stop training so you lose fitness but then can't train as hard and the fitness slips even more so it's hard to get back into it again after a lay off. IMO its the best exercise you'll ever do, not just physically but mentally too as there's a zen aspect to the repetition, the routine and facing down pain and fear. My eldest son is a carded amateur lightweight and I've seen the sport turn him from an angry, unmotivated, rootless and depressed young man into an altogether more disciplined, centred and thoughtful person.

Here he is being interviewed a few weeks ago by former champ and now Sky pundit Johnny Nelson.

upload_2021-10-11_16-24-15.png upload_2021-10-11_16-24-15.png

#100 Zhed46, Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information