1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk Trackday Insurance Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Phill748, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Just to be clear also, I didn’t start this thread with anything other than a total understanding of the risks that trackdays carry. Honestly I didn’t, it was purely to see if there’s a general shift towards more people starting to use TD insurance, if anything it sounds like less people than ever are using it

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's usually me...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. You can get TD insurance yes, expensive but if it gives the individual peace of mind then it serves it's purpose.

I've been doing trackdays for 21 years, I've had a fair few off's in that time but none of which did I ever have any insurance, and as has been mentioned previously no-one I know has ever had trackday insurance it's just a risk that is generally accepted before you sign up for the event.

I did a few years racing a club level, and I did have insurance then. There's far more risk racing than a trackday and surprisingly I made a claim when I broke my collarbone, bike repair costs were covered also. But prior to that claim I'd crashed in several races and never claimed, it was only when I was injured and couldn't work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Found this page, https://trackday.moris.co.uk/news/everything-about-bike-track-day-insurance083#blog. Bodywork/fairings and third party liability are specifically EXCLUDED and it would appear that the cover for the bike only kicks in if your bike suffers major damage. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. If you take out TD insurance I’d imagine it’s very disappointing if you get through the day without smashing up your bike and your self. What a bastard that would be!! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. As has been noted, there are no products that cover 3rd party liability for trackdays, its not how it works, the TDO has 3rd party liability cover but you'd have to prove negligence, and they are very very good at not being negligent.

As for @Flatty I have no words ...

As for who was right, it will be those on his block list ....

• Like Like x 1
  7. really useful thanks, although can’t believe they exclude fairings, that’s literally what I’m worried about!!!

8. Exactly why I didn't bother when I got a quote. You effectively have to high side and have your bike do 4-5 kart wheels to make it worth it.

• Like Like x 1

9. Imagine all the shiny stuff your bike would have allegedly had on it as well.

mines got a factory wsbk motor and exhaust don’t you know…

and solid gold dzus fasteners I purchased directly from the Brunei Family :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds like some of the claim forms that NL received after the Portimao thefts !!

All sorts being claimed for, trick rearsets, custom paintjobs etc, only problem is they weren't clever enough to realise that NL had high res pics of all the bikes courtesy of the trackday photographer .... amazing what got taken back off the claims .... pricks ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

11. Not at all surprising. But well played by NL for actually having imagery !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. So I crashed a ZX-9R at the track years ago and simply put it back on the trailer, brought it home, and called in an accident to my insurance company that i'd slid off the road from a patch of sand and it was treated like any other insurance claim would be. Single vehicle accident...no injury...no police report. Dishonest? A little for sure...but I pay good money for the premium and I had an accident on my bike. Still had to pay my deductible and whatnot but there was some decent damage done to it as it flipped through the gravel trap.

13. you’ve got stones…. The issue is things like photographers who take pictures at the trackdays, Facebook posts with mates etc, doesn’t take much for an insurance company to prove where you really were. I think this would be the case in the uk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not so much the case now. Years ago you'd see loads of road bikes on track days but not so much now. Most people have dedicated track bikes (without license plates on display). Even back in the day lads would just whip off their plates and mirrors and off they'd go. If they had a smash they'd often do the same as @A016738 A little naughty but I totally get it.

• Agree Agree x 1

15. Agreed yeah.

seen it loads of times especially on car track days (insurance)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know of one Desmo owner who took his bike to Jerez many years ago now, his son was racing in 600's so he took it for a spin, dumped it on one of the last fast right handers (quick corners) and destroyed it. It went back to the UK to the dealer (I won't mention which one), but needless to say they cleaned it up, removed any trace of gravel etc and it was written off and paid out accordingly.

It does happen, but I'd say easily 50% of bikes on track are track only now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So just straight up insurance fraud ? Nice public admission there.

Your premium was based on the risk you presented, and that risk didn't include trackday use, what a fantastic sense of entitlement you have.

The reason premiums raise is because people claim, the more fraudulant claims the more we all pay because of people like you, so thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I wouldn’t dare risk my car on a track day! I once took my 911 round Donington for one session. It was ace fun but the brakes went off after 2 hard ish laps. Too much risk…. Itch scratched :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Proper twunt then.

20. He’s in America. He won’t give a fuck. And neither would I ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information