1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Unlock Error ...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Warnie, Jan 16, 2022.

1. It did this about 3 weeks ago but was ok after around 10mins if trying. Since then I haven't used the steering lock just in case. But this morning the error came back and it will not work at all now.

I understand I will need a new hands free unit? Has anyone had one fitted outside of warranty? Obviously the cost is worrying especially this time of year but I have seen one on eBay for around £180 from Italy which might help a bit.

Any advice would be really appreciated. It's a 2015 DVT s touring.

2. Mine used fail to unlock quite often until I discovered it one happened when there was pressure against the bars

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Good to know.

It has just started to work again, but I have no confidence in it now.

4. I had the same issue on my 2013. Applying heat, a hair dyer, gets mine working again in an emergency, I had my bike in the foyer of a hotel in Scotland doing this!
    I think it must be moisture within the locking unit, next time I have the tank off I will take a look but in the meantime I just use a disc lock.

5. Thanks.

It started again today. I did give it a good soaking 3 days before this though with the pressure washer, so hopefully it might be that

I can phone my dealer tomorrow morning and get a price of replacement just in case.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information