1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Up Map

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Fitted Termngoni a couple of weeks ago and had upmap installed today by dealer. My God what an improvement, The bike is so smooth low down but open it up and it wants to rip your arms out. Currently running with no baffle as I don't think it's too loud and the bang on upshift is contagious..Maximum Grin factor

• Like Like x 8
  2. Thank you for the update and I have been contemplating a full system Termi as well. Any before and after, HP and Torque comparison data? Does it feel stronger down low? Do you have an option to insert a DB killer to minimize the sound in the event you go on an extended tour? Any idea how much weight was lost with the full system? Lastly does it run coller, do you notice less engine heat at traffic stops?

Congrats and enjoy, cheers.

3. Hi,sorry I've no dyno info but it's just smoother at low speeds and has a much more alert throttle response, it does come with Db killer but I've taken it out as when you're cruising it's no different to standard until you accelerate up through the gears.
    The weight loss is just in the cat box, again not weighed it but it's pretty heavy and the lack of heat on my right leg is noticeable also seems to take longer to heat up in standing traffic, fans seldom get to cut in.

4. Thank you for the response and it reaffirms my interest. The bike reminds me of my SMT (big SM) in many ways and the Termi will enhance the characteristics I enjoy most about the bike. Cheers

5. Yes it's probably the most expensive upgrade I've done to a bike but as many people have said after doing it this is how it should be from factory.
    Just do it and enjoy the miles of smiles

6. Did your upmap come with the exhaust, or did you buy it from the dealer? I've just bought an full system but no upmap with it.

7. You can only get the upmap with the Termi. You cannot buy it seperately.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Oh well, looks like it's off to the local tuner

9. So, yours is not a Termi?
    If, like me, you are wanting to have a full tune done, you will struggle to find anyone who wants to do it or more specifically, stand by it when the Multi ecu starts to mess about with it. The Rexxer agent here in NZ will not touch the DVT bikes and after talking to Tuneboy, who also will not touch them, I gave up wanting to walk in that minefield. It is because of the auto adaptive nature of the ecu. Termi Upmap or nothing is my advice...

10. According to others on here, Chris of CJS fame has cracked the DVT. Whether this is correct or not I do not know..
    Plus 1 on the Termi, it should have come with an upmap. Is it secondhand ?

11. It is a Termi, bought it new from Italy, wasn't until I read the small.print, after delivery, and it said no upmap

12. You should contact the supplier and see if you can now get the upmap that should have been with it. This will be by far the best outcome IMO.
    I sent Chris 2 emails in April to see if he could do mine but no reply...

13. I also spoke to Tuneboy himself and he said they have no intention of getting involved with the DVT ecu at this stage.

14. Ok, I got the upmap from exhaust seller, should be here end of the week, do I need the dealer to fit it? How long does it take and rough cost? And is it recommended to fit a K&N air filter?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Ok, interesting, do they sell the upmap seperately?

16. Yes I think it was a bit of a con, just sold me exhaust and they have one upmap for sale, it probably was from my exhaust, but it was still well under the £1800 for both so not too bad

17. You can install the upmap yourself. There are videos on YT that I followed.

18. Not for the DVT. You cannot buy the upmap seperately.
    Don't know why, you can buy upmap for pretty much everything else. Makes me think it is because of the auto adaptive nature of the ecu.

19. The upmap is installed via the dealer software system usually takes 15 minutes to install so they might charge maximum 1/2 hrs labour, once it's installed keep the black stick safe as that has your original map details on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Had upmap installed couple of weeks ago by Ducati Glasgow, only an hour with a health check, and just before a 13 day tour of europe, and it makes a big different, so much easier to control on throttle, managed 8 mountain passes, all first and second gear, no shatchyness. Took baffles.out for final league home, and the sound is unreal. Glad I spent the money on it

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information