1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Saalagora, May 12, 2017.

1. I've had my D16 about six months but only recently has the weather been good enough to ride. Managed about 400 miles in the past few weeks. Not much until you compare with the 3000 miles the previous owners had managed to accumulate! Out tomorrow for another 100 if the weather holds.

First time I rode it (day it arrived) I didn't gel. However after a few more miles (and increasing tyre pressure to 2.6) I've got used to it more. Love it. Only downside is poor range. Making up for that is the way it handles, the noises (not just the exhaust) and the way it looks.

I'm sure one of the new hyper bikes with electronic gubbins would be "quicker" but no way would it be as interactive.

I don't like cleaning bikes (haven't got around to it yet) and don't have any mechanical knowledge (although I think I have mechanical sympathy). Didn't buy it as an investment either. Just love looking at it and riding it. Hopefully I will have a chance to do lots of that over the summer.

I've ordered some BST wheels and Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas (Bridgestones seem to be wearing at a worrying rate!) I will post some pictures once they have arrived and on the bike.

After the delights of 200 bhp I will be back to just the one horsepower on Sunday. Had sworn off nags since breaking my arm jumping 5 years back but having taken my daughter for her first lesson last week I couldn't resist booking one for myself too. Older but obviously not wiser....

#1 Saalagora, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information