1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Updated.. What Do You Buy A 10 Year Old 848 For Its Birthday (& How Much Power Does It Make?)

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Pavsta, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Yep it’s a 19 (so rules out Panigale brakes I think..)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Carbon Swingarm.... cough....

• Like Like x 1
  3. yep - ive got m50's on my rsv4 -tried the 19 but the 16 is best...

4. Light wheels id say...marchesini m7r's id say...(if they do a single sided version)...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. for me it's OZ GASS, they are 6 spoke (which I think look a little better) and they are another circa 20% lighter again than Piega's, at around £2100 you need another £500 to get carbon.

6. Slicks....

1RR_1252.JPG

7. 1198 engine and throttle bodies/airbox

8. I do apologize, The Ape has a RCS 15 for monodisc not RCS 16

9. Keep it coming, this is all good reading and encouragement. Has helped remind me power is not what I need yet. Am going to try slicks, got some R11s to go on next as a step in that direction.

Callipers seems like a good place to start. Is there much difference between P4 and M4.. and are they both going to need new lines (read some stuff about twin lines / splitting near the callipers etc). Quite like the look of the P4s, just aesthetically.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The other thing that improves performance is investing in rider talent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Don’t know much about the p4, but the M4’s are a highly regarded brake calliper and perform brilliantly, they also seem pretty hard wearing and don’t require lots of maintenance.

If you get the correct ones then you’ll just need brake lines, just be careful because they run closely to the wheel rim.

12. Yep totally agree. I did CSS up to level 3 but then got nerfed off my 748R at Brands, which really knocked my confidence. Taken ages to get back to not expecting the back wheel to be taken out all the time!

Booked on the ‘master bike’ thing at Silverstone in May if anyone is going.

13. I'm there a couple of times in May but not on the Master Class.

@graeme4130 instructs there.

14. M4's are good callipers, plus you don't need to frig around with those 4 pad jobbies

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. There’s nowt wrong with P4’s! Just take care to make sure the pads don’t wear too thin...PING!!

P4’s won’t need new lines as the banjos are correct when swapping with them wooden jobbies (confirmed on my M1100 which had the same shite calipers as base 848).

16. Nice pair of M4's available in the for sale section ;)

17. was just going to post to say this!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well done on that exhaust, seemed a bargain! I'd have bought it but don't have an 848 ..... yet :-/

19. I have a '13 848 Evo with the M4s. Great brakes, but not so sure about the stock MC. It seems a little soft in the feel of it. New fluid, properly bled and there is plenty of bite - just doesnt feel quite right. But, have only had it a couple months...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information