1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Updating Suspensions 916 94

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Squattro, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Hello all.
    Going to update my 916 94, but i need somme advices on the spares to install.

Specially, the suspensions, there's a lot of rear schock absobers and forks, there's a lot of references and i would tend to try to search for like some folks said to me, only right period spares.
    Or correct period...

It is not to race or searching for the real performance, it is just that ohlins gold and magnesium marchesinis wheels, on the early corsa's make me real mad :p:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
    I don't wanna corsa bits on my monoposto, everyone's knows why, to find it and the price tag ....:astonished:
    Just to have ohlins correct period for a 916, not sps bits.

So rear schock = Ohlins Du143. Front forks = Fg43. But there's a lot of FG43 (?)

Can someone explain me the good references for the forks and rear schock?
    Thank you all. :upyeah:

2. No Ohlin's are period for your bike - as a '94 it is more special as standard, just get the standard suspension serviced and overhauled - the bike will look better for it and be appreciated more :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Update it.
    Ohlins are gorgeous on anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That’s what i’ve got on mine. FG43 and DU1430.
    Make sure the DU430/1430 has been revalved for the road arm if you’re not planning on using the Corse longer arm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anybody know a good ducati 916 setup revalve place pref in the N West.

6. I believe Kais are up that way?

7. thanks

8. 92491095-2B75-43A0-83C8-130F36B51078.jpeg I am in the process of fitting these to my 998.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I have a ‘94 916 as well.
    I also have a ohlins rear shock and aluminium marchesini 5 spokes wheels painted like the magnesium ones.
    The FG43 are really good looking forks for a 916.
    I have one in an other bike but not in my 916.

Henk!!!

10. FG 43's. No, I have no idea what mudguard it is off. It was very cheap, yet still good quality.

IMG_1856.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  11. thanks! but someone said to me that there slightly differences from oem ohlins (p. ex sps) and non oem ohlins. Do you know about it? Are non oem ohlins the R&T specifications or the ohlins from sps also R&T. Normally the sps are also Fg43 ?

12. Thank you all for you messages, and your pictures :heart_eyes:

Have found these, with a set of cnc brembos.
    Recently revalved, not in bad shape, and the price seems fair 2500eur.
    I just see the mudguard who is not original, and there's some scratches, not in the tubes and forks.
    What do you think?

Cheers mates
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12 Squattro, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  13. What I meant was early SP's and SPS's didn't ever come with Ohlin's forks. There are many different specs of Ohlin's and the ones fitted to later models are the base level of what Ohlin's manufacture - yes they are called Road & Track as far as I am aware.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Road &Track Ohlins are not OEM. They are better than the baseline Ohlins fitted per OEM.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. I've seen a lot of standard Ducati and Aprilia Ohlin's advertised as R&T on Ebay :eek:

16. Well, I don’t believe that is correct.
    R&T forks are non bike specific and are designed to be for race/track bikes I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thought R&T stood for Road & Track :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It does stand for Road and Track.

However, the standard Showas can be made to work at least as well as Ohlins with a bit of revalve work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. And look better on a '94 SP too :thinkingface:

20. everyone goes ohlins(ok they look original), id go with something different like maxton , they do great shocks and the matching front fork internals.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information