1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Ups And Downs On The First Day Of The V4

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by OldBadger, May 4, 2018.

1. It does now :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Ha

Think I was me who used their hand. Since that time I have developed a good technique, use toe from behind the rear set!

3. Enjoy'

• Like Like x 1
  4. No the pin is there, I just was not managing.
    All slrted now though.
    Was out for 160 mikes today and managed the stand every time ok.

5. Well I ain’t trying that again, the cramp that kicked in to my shoulder about killed me :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Done around 300 miles on mine, I concur with the comments made - can’t explain why but the bike certainly feels more “right” than my Blade SP, dunno why but haven’t had time to compare the two as yet.

Maybe someone can help with this - went out yesterday, 23 degrees, rode for an hour and a half, stopped for a bacon roll, got back on, then half a mile down the road it was as if she was suddenly running on three cylinders, almost stalled, wouldn’t accelerate then gradually picked up.

The 20 minute journey home was a bit stop start in traffic but I’d lost a bit of confidence and rode fairly gingerly... not been out today... any ideas, seemed like a fuelling issue but not what I was expecting on a brand new V4S!

7. Get your dealer to pick it up so they can check it over. I’d want peace of mind with it being a new machine.

Fingers crossed it’s a quick fix.

8. I had a similar issue. Pulled away after a tea break yesterday midride (hot out), gave it a blarp for the moto festival fans (under 5k revs though since running in :bucktooth:) and then when I rode down to a roundabout on deceleration, it was like the bike was double revving if that makes sense. Not smooth with all 4 working fine.
    Then pulling away is was juddering a bit. 5mins later it disappeared.

9. Ducati are now selling side stand courses for new v4 owners

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. That sounds very similar to mine... I called my dealer who said there was a recall that was done on mine prior to delivery - I wasn’t aware they run on two cylinders when in neutral on start up, but maybe somehow it’s happened on the move?

Sorry to sound like a middle aged know-nothing but that’s what I am :( but I thought I’d mention it so that others can be on their guard. Don’t you just hate those intermittent problems... I can see it now, I take her back and it’s a case of “no fault found”... user error!

Ps, yep that bloody stand is a bugger... I’ve resorted to using my left hand.. :blush:

#30 Rocket Pete, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  11. Captured the feeling I had at the time perfectly :)

12. Not quite as severe as you described but I’ve had mine start to run a bit lumpy while waiting at lights or idling(both in neutral and in 1st with clutch in) and it has stalled a couple of times, but once you pull away, engine and fuelling seems fine.
    Mine had a software update at the first service which has seemed to make this issue a bit better.
    I wasn’t aware they run on 2 cylinders on start up either, mine has always sounded like it’s running on all 4.
    I’ve been a bit further up the rev range now she’s run in and have to say, this bike has got some serious power, had it in sport mode but with engine on the high setting, noticeably quicker than my old RSV4 at the same revs.

13. Oh mate..... you’ve probably taken Belinders of £value off your Payless Rep by doing that mod... Originality is key ain’t it... x

14. It didn't have a side stand as it was a race bike - I purchased a belly pan from Italy with the cut out for the side stand and got the side stand cheap off Ebay :) The bike is way from standard but it did win the Norwegian Superbike Championship in 2010 with a Corse backed team (not sure if I mentioned that before :thinkingface:o_O) - so has lightweight Race Ohlins Forks and a Corse gearbox too. The one in the middle is however standard :yum

IMG_2967.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. As another middle-aged git, I swore off sports bikes years ago (my 749R being the exception that proves I was right). Then I blagged Ducati Glasgow's V4s demo for a ride through the highlands. Now trying to work out whether I can put my chiropractor on a retainer - it's the most astonishing motorcycle I've ever ridden. And no, I couldn't find the bloody sidestand either.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Just hope for a Streetfighter.

All this talk of lumpy running and stalling is a little disappointing for a 24k bike, but I guess they need to keep the Ducat “character”.

17. No lumpy running or stalling yet. I actually find it very comfy to ride and I got middle-aged covered as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. love my V4 but I found it was getting a bit samey. just got it through the first service at the weekend and now ive done 730 mile and its not samey now. Using 7k and a bit more now and its a completely different missile. now you hit 7k ish before changing up it has defo improved how the bike feels and it just wants you to use more revs.
    Not getting passed by motorway traffic now nor anything else. Gear changes better higher up the rev range as expected , the only down side is I'm gonna ave to fill her up more haha.
    no regrets selling my 1299 the V4 is defo much much better.

19. Yep, I’d agree with that... it’s sooo frustrating.

I went for a 100 mile run the other day and have had no further hesitation problems.

20. Glad to hear that. Yes it's pretty boring right now, 2, 3, 4 gear, 5k revs aaaaaand sit. Really looking forward to opening up some more of the rev range

Do Not Sell My Personal Information