1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent 1299 Luggage Help Needed

Discussion in 'Touring' started by JJ1299, May 8, 2017.

1. According to the destructions how you've got it there isn't correct I don't think..

The rear ones are supposed to be out of the pillion strap bolts not the fairing ones..

2. Its how it was recommended to be fitted to the 899 and it's how it's fitted to the 959. It works.

3. Not doubting that mate but the instructions say otherwise that’s all :)

4. The funny thing is I met Mr Kriega UK at Ducati Manchester one Saturday (I think @Sambighair was there too) and this guy was trying to design/fit a fancy fitting for the Panigale. When he saw how mine was fitted he went away with his tail between his legs at something that was so simple :D

5. I’ve used both the 899 and the 1299 fitting kits having owned both bikes and to be brutally honest neither are ‘great’ are they which is a shame.

It did fit the 899 marginally better I’d say, but it moved around on both no matter what I did.

6. Seriously mine does not move around. It's absolutely rock solid. And I've probably done about 5-6k miles with it on over the two bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine seems to nudge forwards a little, but that’s enough to push me forwards on the bike which is a pain in the arse when doing the miles.

It stayed attached on the autobahns though so can’t ask much more than that

4C7C8106-185E-4592-9CE3-07214071472D.jpeg

EFE187C6-948E-449B-BDE4-E94C7F8A14F6.jpeg

8. Hahaha yeah it was me...we stood and watched him faff for a good 20 mins.....the pressure was immense!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I experience the same issue. On a recent trip to Scotland I used a single bungee from the top, round the strong part of the tail tidy and back up to the other side ( in addition to the usual attachments etc).
    Primitive but very, very effective & not even the slightest movement.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information