1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Bike Price

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, Feb 15, 2018.

1. You can paint it mate. Carbon and yellow.

2. Which would be awesome and I've been thinking of doing the winglets and mudguard like that. But whole bike would be a bit ££££

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carbon wrap or dip?

4. Nah, that's not what i'm after.

I want something nice I can be proud of for the next few years then put away and sell when i'm old/grey.

5. If go carbon mate get the bits over time don't have to buy all at once.

6. I was offered to buy Ducati 996 -99, 18500km on clock, from first owner, 100% original, full service history.

What is a reasonable price to pay?

7. slightly off topic but £5k

8. OK, fuck China.

So it's either a respray OR replacement.

Would I be right in saying if i respray some and replace others the colours won't be right? I hear yellow is a biatch to miatch.

I assume will be OK with resprayed fairing but non-resprayed tank as they don't sit flush with each other.

9. Collect good original parts - no paint costs - all panels may vary a little, they did on new bikes...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. 1k for straight yellow and not painting the tank with some minor repairs ? Who is doing it Van Gogh ??

Take the tank to the bodyshop of your choice, they can match, get sides, nose & tail unit painted as original colour OEM will always be better ....

I'd rather buy a bike with tatty original bodywork than cheap chinese toot ....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Original repainted or original paint?

12. For me either is preferable to Chinese toot .... let’s be honest, most nose ones get repainted regardless of actual damage ...

13. back top looks like its been painted with hamerite

Do Not Sell My Personal Information