1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2 Bayliss Has Landed!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mr G, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Yes that’s what I meant. The 959 was just paint without the clear coat paint finish like the 1299 so paint rub is common.

2. I wouldn’t waste your money. Go for PPF instead.

3. Deposit paid - bike inbound!!! Disappointed with my 959 trade in price but I need to progress and didn’t want to sell private.

can’t wait to open the garage door to such a beauty.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. When’s delivery planned for?

5. Well, I’ve struck lucky. Sadly someone’s not able to complete on their order so I’ve got the showroom one.
    It’s replacement is due March/April which I believe is another order not able to be fulfilled. There wasn’t any guarantee of that date though and a large degree of uncertainty for following deliveries. I think that is why they’ve let me have that one.

So to answer properly - within weeks! They just have to check and run it up then road test, after that they should be able to deliver following sorting the OTR stuff.

#25 dazthephot, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2022
  6. You should get it next week then I guess.

I hope to get mine then too. Needs a private reg assigned to it and a few bits added and job jobbed :upyeah:

7. Superb!
    I’m having an evo tech tail tidy added and the lower rad guard which should complete it.
    I’ve been looking at the clear Ducati performance tank pad. Have you decided on paint protection?

8. An acquaintance of mine has recently started a detailing company and has offered to ceramic coat it for me at a discount, so I’m considering that as an option.

9. Nice

10. I'm still debating whether or not to fit my full Akrapovic exhaust system or sell it

11. At the ceramic coaters for the next few days :)

7FAEE265-385A-4B6E-A514-0078191CA030.jpeg FDCE9882-3B52-4FE6-8F0C-C338B51F8CD7.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  12. is ceramic coating good for gravel rash?
    asking for a friend

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Careless friend?? ;)

14. What sort of money we talking and what’s the advantage versus ppf? I haven’t researched either.

15. Both PPF & Ceramic Coating are roughly £250 a pop and there are pros and cons to both.

I’ve had PPF before on 3 bikes hence why I’m trying ceramic coating this time.

PPF can stop chips I suppose but it also yellows with age and has a tendency to lift at the edges and can therefore can look a tad tatty in time.

Having spoken to several people who have had ceramic coating done to both cars and motorbikes and people who apply ceramic coating (and read several reviews online) they have all said that ceramic coating is superior in finish, and giving up to 5 years protection against general road grime etc. as long as it’s applied professionally.

The following is an excerpt from one particular article, but they all say pretty much the same thing.

“A single coat can be expected to last a minimum of five years on motorcycles. Ceramic Pro can be layered so additional coats extend on its longevity.”

It will also prevent “bluing” in some exhausts depending on the composition of the metal.

The advantages of Ceramic Pro are not only that it will protect the paintwork from UV and environmental deterioration, but it also makes it easier to maintain its new look.

Justin says Ceramic Pro creates a “non-porous hydrophobic, heat-proof finish that stops the onset of oxidation and keeps surfaces looking new”.

By “hydrophobic”, he means it repels water, so when it rains or you wash the bike, the water beads off.

That means road grime and dirt particles don’t stick, but flow off with the water, so it stays cleaner for longer.

We’ve all washed and detailed our bikes only to have it rain and totally ruin the result.

But with this coating, most of the grime doesn’t stick and what remains can be wiped off with a soft cloth.

I rode the bike through a short shower and on wet roads that left a small amount of grime on the surface. It just needed a quick wipe to restore the surface lustre.

You can also just give it a waterless wash with a products like this from Motul.

I also found bugs can simply be wiped off whereas they usually stick to the paintwork and require water or a special spray to soften them before removal.

If you do wash your bike after having it ceramic coated, Justin suggests using a pH-neutral car or bike detergent.

It will only need a wet wash when it gets really dry and he says you won’t need to use any wax.

Justin says it lasts for up to five years per coat and you can get a maintenance service for $330 that includes a full detail and spray application top-up coat.”

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thank you that’s very helpful.

17. 45F0E216-96C1-4138-9DBC-5EAE22613FB3.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. All done and now curing :)

AA525543-EFD0-4018-AE4D-5C6F4692B815.png A0449E24-2EC5-4E3A-B031-9A64CEAC13C6.png

• Like Like x 10
  19. Lovely.

Mine comes today…oddly nervous. The insurance was a joke, £2500 excess! Renewal is due mid March so will be moving from Ramasiss for sure. I won’t ride it til then anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bloody hell! How old are you? Where do you live? Beirut? (I know it’s hull area ;) )

I’ve got a £250 XS through BeMoto :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information