1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by LOCKE, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Yep, like I say I’ve not had issues before with panigale’s so I hope it’s a one off, they even think it could have been one of the many ECU’s going out of sync. I’ve said that if it does it again I’ll try a battery reset because it’s not the sort of thing where they come on as if there is a short, it’s a deliberate thing the bike turns them on exactly at the same time.

Before they took it I fired a load of contact cleaner into the back of the indicator switch to drive out any moisture so perhaps that was all it was, a ‘dry’ and new switch that needed to bed in. I can hope...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Saw the bike at the dealer today while they were mounting all the parts. Managed to get a short clip of the exhaust sound with Akra but it captured less than 5% of the real sound.
    The base is unreal and its stupid loud when giving it some revs.

Bike looks amazing as well with all the extra parts.

Video is on my insta HampusAndersson88

• Like Like x 1
  3. I also became a sort of VIP Ducati owner, something new they are doing and theres very little details surrounding what it exactly means at the moment.

But from what i gathered Ducati now knows i own a V2 and if im in another country i can drop by the dealer and like borrow a bike or something.

Friend who bought a SFV4S also became a VIP member of sorts.

Anyone else got something similar or know more about it?

4. How are people finding the, now the miles are starting to go on?

5. Well mines been parked in the garage waiting for the season to start.... looks like I've got a while with BSB postponed

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes, disappointing for all the independent and team riders having put in a lot of time and effort to be ready for April. I heard rumours yesterday then saw the ACU and BSB press releases today. Fingers crossed it won’t be too long. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Im currently at 320 miles. Loving it. Deceptively fast. Not threatening, just goes (a lot) faster when you ask her to.
    With engine braking set to minimal you get plenty pops and bangs on the overrun.
    Ive installed a few aftermarket parts that required me to dismantle the bike a bit and am really impressed at the Ducati build quality.

Things I’d change:
    I really struggle to reach the floor. Seat height 33.1” with a 28” inside leg. >.<

It’d be nice to be able to buy a workshop manual - if only for the torque settings. Being told to visit the dealer for: chain adjustment, brake pad replacement, tyre changes is a little bit frustrating.

I’ve been riding 30yrs and currently own 3 bikes. This is the best of the three. Possibly the best bike I’ve ever owned. My MV Agusta couldn’t claim that accolade before I p/x’d her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes it's disappointing, but the reason for it I completely understand. The nations health is important.

9. I didn't know this about the engine brake? Does it make a significant difference then? I get pops and bangs in 1st gear etc at town speeds, but not really many out on the open road, perhaps I just don't notice as much because I'm wearing ear plugs.

Ref the chain etc, yeah I agree, I am pretty sure it's the same swingarm as the 1299 but need to confirm this, my chain is a little looser than I would want and there isn't much clearance before it could make contact with the collector box. I'm sure it will be fine until the first service though.

I'm up to 240 miles on mine but I really need a good warm-ish day with dry roads where I can push on a bit. My local roads that I know really well are still really dirty from burst banks etc.

I've done the throttle spacer mod to mine, I think it's made a huge difference and I know others love it, a few aren't sure but I like it, and I'm looking to do a tail tidy when I can as the standard one didn't bother me at first but has sort of got more and more on my nerves.

10. The engine braking level makes a massive difference. I guess it depends on what you like-I am used to almost 2stroke levels of engine braking (almost none).

And yeah - tail tidy - it isn’t bothering me that much but I know it will.
    For now I’ve spent my £ on mirrors that are actually usable and will be getting her lowered a bit.

11. today I tail tidied.... the Evotech stuff is just so so good! It looks OEM, it’s putting R&G etc to shame

FFC5BF9C-1A29-4B32-A039-29E10E3E77E4.jpeg

CF3F5297-1B2F-41B9-9FC1-AAA5714F924D.jpeg

FC9598F5-F769-48E5-95B9-EEEDC59E9F30.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Yep, big shout out to ConquestCarbon, as usual great service and quick delivery.

13. After a 200mile hoon today...can confirm power wheelies in 3rd are a thing. :)

14. It looks slightly 3D printed?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Finally i picked her up. Glad i got the akra cans because she sounds so mean right now its insane :D
    I´ve never gotten this many looks from other people, just today i think on three different occasions random people walked up and admired the bike.

cant really spank her right now but i felt some of it and man is that engine smooooth! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cant see myself owning anything but Ducatis in the future after spending one of many days with this beast.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. looks wonderful. Can you post a sound of the akras? The stock cans sound ace - but might upgrade.
    Do you have the full system or just end cans?
    Is the ecu updated?

17. Mine broke again yesterday :-( this time the indicators all came on without the ignition even on which is slightly concerning, and today it’s telling me it wants me to input the date and time so I’m really confused now! I can’t wait for lockdown to end so I can hopefully get it booked in to get it looked at

18. is there this a V2?
    What are the problems you’ve had?
    Sounds like you’re having issues.
    Is there a thread on this?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information