1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by LOCKE, Dec 1, 2019.

1. The extended warranty might seem a big lump of dosh on top of the purchase price but IMO it's peace of mind and a plus for reselling if you only keep the bike a couple of years. I took it out on my V4. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. I didn't get offered it, which I'm frustrated about as apparently you have to have purchased it within 30 days of bike sale. I purchased mine with the single seat unit which is expensive but makes a big difference in my opinion, and when I was there I got a DP Tank protector fitted because I wear textile gear and didn't want it to rub on the paint. I've been adding stuff since, I've added an Evotech tail tidy, small LED indicators which have both been a nice addition.

3. That's correct, the only reason I know about it as I have it on my supersport.

I also went for the seat cover, tank pad and reservoir containers. Tail tidy I'll get once I get the bike.

Which LED indicators did you go for DP ones? and are the DP ones the same for all bikes?

4. DP Ones yeah, they quite often come up on here for sale or on ebay, but rarely listed for the V2, so look by part number 96680201A, and there are some pictures on my instagram if you want to see them (It's Phill748).

Oh, one other thing that I think is a must for the V2 (or any panigale) is a lower radiator guard, it's a big expensive water radiator and honestly you are asking for trouble! I've only done the lower one, but got an Evotech with some discount from Conquest Carbon, along with my tail tidy also from Conquest.

5. Great, I was looking to get the R&G guards as they come in a pair.

6. Radiator guards are an essential. I had my MV for 4 years, and looking at the dents in the guards (ok, I put 20,000 miles on her) I’d have gone through 6 radiators.

7. What are the correct tyre pressures?

8. What tyres ? What use ? Whats the temp ???

9. For road v2 comes with Pirelli diablo Rosso corsa II

10. it says it on the frame at the headstock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fr 35 / R 33.

12. From the manual:

2,5 Bar F&R Street use.
    2,3F and 2,1R Track use.

But of course you can always fiddle yourself and find what you prefer for the riding you do.

13. The bike has two separate water rads? I always thought the lower one was an oil rad.
    Anyhow i do agree, probably the first thing i ordered for mine and seems crucial in the long run.

14. na it’s a water radiator. The oil cooler is a small black block bolted to the throttle side of the engine.

3F39ED73-5907-48AB-B659-F9D316915A34.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Interesting thanks, i wonder why they run a split setup? :thinkingface:

16. Ease of fitting and manufacturing

• Like Like x 1
  17. because the cylinder head sits so close to the front wheel the radiator has to split above and below it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I managed to get out yesterday for probably the first proper ride on the bike where I had clean dry roads, could rev it a little more (still within the run in period just about) and start to build my confidence with it. It's really good, honestly I'm completely smitten with how at home I feel on it, a few reasons I think for it.

My mate was out with me and he was riding my Daytona 675R (my other bike) and we swapped for a bit and it felt short, overly sprung and twitchy (still sounds utterly incredible though), then I had a ride on a mates S1000rr which I really like but his footpegs are so high my back hurt, also the bike feels so wide and chunky. Both times I got back on my bike after and it just helped to realise how well it fits me and how comfortable I am on it.

Both moaned at me about the brakes, my mate has a 899 and he says the brakes are similar but nothing to write home about, my other mate has the S1000rr and the brakes are so so strong and with massive bite, so he doesn't like mine. I tend to agree, but they have decent power, they just feel a bit servo'd like a car (even though I know they aren't).

I don't know about others but I find these Rosso Corsa 2 tyres quite a 'stiff' tyre, again, not a massive issue just surprised me as I normally find Pirelli one of those tyres that have a bit of give in them, the new rosso corsa feel a touch more like a bridgestone to me.

I'm at 590 miles now, so basically need to do a long ride to the dealer to get it serviced and then crack on, if it smooths out the throttle response a touch I'll be very happy but all good so far!

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Glad you’re enjoying. :)

Im at 750miles and can’t find a dealer to service before June 5th!
    Still...first world problems:)

20. what have they said ref going over the mileage? Normally they are okay with 100 or so but have they said crack on?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information