1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by LOCKE, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Haha oh god this was one of my worries with the V2 - I test rode one start of March ambient was 12 I think and even then it was hot - but took a good hour and was only wearing jeans. Was hoping leathers and maybe some heat shielding under the seat may do the trick - or at least help for a little. Has anyone tried heat shielding the underside of the seat?

2. I’m looking for some at the mo, not sure what to buy tbh, the heat comes through the seat really badly, the actual cylinder head isn’t the issue so much

3. My plan when I got it was leathers, the comfort or performance seat for added thickness and then possibly gold heat reflectors or those aluminium wrapped foam things then cut to shape. I wonder if its because the bikes are so leaned out on the low end now for Euro5 that the heat is just insane - would be interesting to rich out the mixture at the low end and see if that made a difference too.

4. #404 Android853sp, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Options (for people with standard exhausts) seem to be:

1)Try and put heat foil on the underside of the seat to at least help with the heat, which might help a few percent
    2)Zirotec ceramic coat the rear pipe which will probably help 10% (in reality)
    3)Contact MotoRapido or CJS etc to see if they can map a stock bike with catalytic converters in place to remove some of the extreme leaning conditions that happen. I can actually feel the 'heat wave' go through mine as I sit on a constant throttle in 30/40's at the same time that the bike is hunting from how lean it is.

I do think the valve shutting in the exhaust at 3500rpm makes it worse, MR said I can fit an exhaust valve eliminator and just wire the valve open.

I know the 'just don't be a pussy' argument well, I'm not keen on it, I've had 848's etc and to me the V2 is as hot as that, and as I've said, measurably hotter than the 899 which my mate rides with me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. All good suggestions - ill have a look at them. I completely disagree with the whole don't be pussy argument - you shouldn't have to boil your nuts off - a little comfort is alright - even on a sport bike :eek:

7. I think I must be the only one who doesn’t mind the heat. I’d rather be too hot than too cold -that’s a general comm, not specifically bike related. Yes it’s hot through town, but unlike my MV F3 at least she doesn’t boil her coolant and hose it up the road whenever she drops below 40mph

• Like Like x 1
  8. did you have an MV then? I assume by your statement it wasn’t the most reliable? I seriously seriously looked at one

9. Had an MV F3 for 4 years. She was brilliant. Put 20,000 miles on her. Only problems (aside from pissing coolant everywhere all the time ) where the sprag starter clutch (fixed under warranty-even outside of warranty period) and parts availability. It was the latter that did it for me - 3 month wait for an oil filter...nope. The bike itself was absolutely awesome. Would recommend every time. Just poor dealer network & parts in the uk

10. I have a MV, it's not a F3 but a F4. They do overheat at times in traffic. The spewing out coolant is usually related to too much in the system. If you fill them to the top mark it will come out. If I compare my 2 (916 and 312r) the MV is manufactured to a higher standard but the electrics are letting it down. Still, I couldn't decide between the 2 hence I have both.

11. The markings on the F3 reservoir tank were out.
    It would expand to the minimum level when hot and hose anything above that out. I got used to it-just let her find her level, but after every service she’d leave a trail of wee after a hard ride. Brilliant bike though.

12. Fan overide mod for me on 1299s.

13. No......there’s 2 of us :)

14. Heat only bothered me in the city on really hot days, like close to 30C and just standing by red lights waiting.
    On colder days and say spring/autumn i even welcome the heat, bike comes stock with a heated seat :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Step 1 completed, doesn’t look pretty but I’ve kept it as one sheet without too many cuts, and it’s proper heat Matt that can take 2000 degrees so might help the heat soak through the foam.

9E8F9E10-75BC-4BCA-B3D4-E040922148EE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Looks like you’ve done a great job. Let us know when you’ve had a test ride? :)

17. I will do, I noticed that the plastic heat shield that goes around the rear cylinder exhaust pipe has some of this in it already but there is another metal shield in there and I’m considering putting this on the inside of that shield also, which would be good but is going to be a big job

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mine arrived today! So just gone out and done 50 miles or so with the weather looking threatening. Have to say it’s not as awful as I was expecting heat wise. With leathers it’s definitely there and definitely warm but I wouldn’t say I was burning. Admittedly it’s only 18 today but the hike got up to 102 in traffic so hot enough! This is the standard seat though debating whether or not to try the comfort seat or just spend the money on the tail tidy it so desperately needs.

All good problems to have!

B86A1B32-EF9C-4C3A-A177-FD3698CE119C.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  19. mines standard seat also, yeah at ambients of up to 18-19 degrees it’s okay, but above the 21-22 degree mark it gets really warm! I suspect in leathers it isn’t totally terrible as they do tend to reflect some heat.

i went with Evotech for the Tail tidy, it’s the best in my opinion! Got discount on it through conquest also I think from memory.

20. Ah the evotech was the one I was going to go for. Had one on my last bike and the build quality was top notch. Do you remember the discount code? I’ll have a look at conquest as Evotech are sold out on their site.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information