1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by LOCKE, Dec 1, 2019.

1. So he never talked about remapping? And I guess that MotoRapido would know? I think that in some American states, they are a bit strict now, but in the UK, we can get away with with tweaking things still.

2. I'll try to keep up with the heat issue but can always just go for a Supersport S.

3. You can buy a heat shield kit for it that I heard works well. Or you can keep it standard and kill off all your swimmers as your nuts cook :joy:.

4. I’ve not noticed it being too hot on mine. But there again I avoid going through towns like the plague :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I have been "done" and so the spoils of my nuts have all exits blocked. I guess that would be the same as being stuck in a burning building that had the doors locked!

#445 PerryL, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  6. I always ride in textiles, it's possibly not as bad in leathers, but it's still I would say comfortably 25% hotter than the 899. Although I did hear the new Supersport S (Being Euro 5) runs REALLY hot also.

7. Part of euro 5 requires engine cases to be thicker to reduce noise. So unless they increase rad/fan size heat will increase.
    My 899 is barely rideable above 27C ambient air temp. That’s with 2 layers of gold automotive heat reflecting foil under the thicker DP riders seat.
    (With my arse wrapped in bovine loveliness). Other skins are available.

8. What I take from this, is that I may be better off getting something older and not brand new, or nearly new. After all, I give but not one feck if it is EURO 5, or even EURO anything.

What struck me when I was looking in Autotrader, is how most bikes are hardly used. Getting a ten year old bike, with less than 5000 miles on the clock is no challenge at all, but I am not complaining as this might benefit me!

I'll keep out an eye, but I am not in a position to ride anything, yet. I know that Kawasaki have dropped the ZX-6R as it wasn't EURO 5 and they wouldn't bother make it EURO 5.

Back to my original list:
    Yamaha R7 (when it appears)
    Aprilia RS660
    and some sort of Ducati that does not fry my nuts.
    A used BMW with a Chinese engine and not a too heavy flat twin with shaft drive. And if BMW think that shaft-drive is so great, then why have they dropped it from most of their bikes? But not a question for here, not that I give a feck!

It is a bit frustrating as I have the money even before my accident compensation is sorted out, but need to get my driving license back and put the ST2 part-exchange back together - although it may be that I forget the whole idea. Concentrate on getting both bikes on the road, get back my driving license, buy bike gear.

I do not need to buy a bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information