1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by LOCKE, Dec 1, 2019.

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. Dry weight for the v4 is 174.1 kgs and v2 as 176 kgs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Good job I don’t know any ladies lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Both heavy fuckers :)

4. It’s definitely taller than my 959. 2mm extra shock length makes a difference

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’ll weight all the stuff I take off mine when race kits arrives

• Like Like x 1
  6. Those figures came from Ducati U.K.'s own website

7. And you waited for her to get off (dismount ;)) BEFORE taking a picture????

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Seat height on the 959 is 830mm - on the V2 it’s 840mm

The 959 is heavier than the 1299 too - even though it shares many of the same parts.

In that case the weight difference is down to a myriad of small differences - the major ones being the exhaust, rear subframe, various engine bits and tank. Even then it’s not a direct comparison as the 959 swingarm is lighter and it has a lighter chain.

The V4 vs V2 comparison isn’t really in the same vein. I’m not sure how many parts they share in common, but very few of the major components.

The V2 is lighter than the EU spec 959 - mainly due the exhaust and I guess that’s good enough for Ducati - they could have made it lighter with more expensive parts but it’s still the ‘budget’ model so they have to make distinctions between it and the V4, more than just on power.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Ta for the reply :upyeah:

It's a lovely bit of kit. So the V2 had a lift in the rear. Improved handling or giving more leg room.

• Like Like x 1
  10. All of the reviews say the tweaks have made it a much better bike on track - turns in quicker, more ground clearance before pegs\toes touch down. I have been looking at it closely and most of the improvements can be made on a 959 (and usually are for track use).

What you can’t get as an upgrade is the new colour screen and electronics package - and that is truly next level.

One review also seems to think the new swingarm might be improving the handling in some voodoo fashion, but without swapping one between the two bikes that would be hard to quantify - plus surely it must be heavier?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sitting on it the pegs felt the same as my V4 but the bars felt more of a stretch (from memory, sold v4 in Sept). Seat higher but slimmer at front of tank. Both tip toes for me. As you say, not a real comparison as different beasts. But, I struggled to understand how a similar twin is heavier than a four. Magnesium cases and fairing supports?
    The V2 looks great and I have absolutely no doubt is going to be a fantastic bike for both road and track. My problem is I have 2 Duc Rs and no room for a £15k third sports bike.

#113 Expat Jack, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. This from the Bennett’s review:

Panigale V4’s motor weighs just 2.2kg more, at 64.9kg. To put that into context, the brand-new cast aluminium front frame (based on GP technology), sub-frame and single-sided swingarm weigh a total of 11.2kg.”

I can’t find a weight on the 959 engine but it’s slightly heavier than the 1299 so the V2 engine probably is too. So you aren’t really saving any weight there. I would guess that the front and rear subframes on the V2 are heavier - the rear is likely to be steel as on the 959. The tank on the V4 is alloy, as is the rear subframe.

The rest can be down to slight differences in small component weights - 100 grams here and there can soon add up to a kilo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Eat fewer pies :)

14. I’m getting a sense of deja vu here! I’m sure I have seen this comment before :)

Trouble is - I’m not overweight - just unfit!

And when I get fit I often put on weight, because muscle weighs more than fat!

My favoured weight saving method is very simple - take things off the bike that are unnecessary.

You know - lights, mirrors, indicators, horn, catalytic converters, exhaust valves, fuel......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Don't forget, ffs, my one piece leathers have shrunk over the winter, it must have been the cold

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Definitely a tad higher on the rear, luckily I'm 6ft of essence.
    Been told end of March for myself, also is it me or does that Foggy rep not exactly set the world alight?

IMG_20200113_095549.jpg

IMG_20200113_095430.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Found out this evening that my V2 is already in stock but I’ll wait till the new Reg kicks in before I get it :)

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information