1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Db Levels On Uk Trackdays

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Spud312r, Jun 14, 2018.

1. mine tested 105db at Cadwell (stock OEM) -static.

2. Anybody had there V4 with akra's tested at any tracks ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Not yet but will do soon!

4. Donny is always drive by these days. No static test except on race days with the club I ride with. 98db is ample, I ran the 959 with the Akra and the standard baffles recently and had no issues.

5. I was told today that the new generation baffles for the race Akrapovic make a noticeable difference (quieter). Andy

6. Tested mine at Cadwell this morning:
    108.7db with no baffles.
    108.1db with single baffle (on the rh hand)

Errrrr

7. Must be engine noise ??

Did they let you i
    On ?

8. I wasn’t booked on, had just gone to see some mates who were on.
    Wanted to get it tested to see what it came out at.

9. That’s crazy .6 of a dB change
    Cadwell doesn’t have a ride by either which doesn’t help but they seem to pass as even places like oulton park ride by

10. Bit of a bump but thought I'd put some info in here as I was very nervous when buying my V4.
    It's completely stock and so far I've found out the following with 3 days I've done on it in the last few months:

- Donington 108dB day, no issues
    - Cadwell 105dB day, noise tested at 102dB although I was only at about 5krpm instead of 5.5krpm
    - Snetterton 102dB day, noise tested at 105dB but nothing was said, got a sticker and no issues on track

So up to now pretty positive!
    At snetterton there was also a guy with a full Akra system fitted with his baffles in and he also blew 105dB but got on with no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Have you done Donington (108db drive by)? I've done it a couple of times on mine, V4S with Termi's and no baffle. I think the sound meter is on the gantry down the start/finish straight. You're obviously full chat as you pass it but I've had no problems. I've seen lads with V4R's too (Akrapovic systems) and no problems for them either.

I think you'd have to be in a Eurofighter Typhoon or similar to be knocked back at Donington on a 108db day :):upyeah:

#31 Mary Hinge, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. V4r at Silverstone on Tuesday running standard cans 102 drive by, he was running no problem.

• Like Like x 2
  13. At a recent 98db day at Donington, a V4 with Akra system was in our garage. That was pretty loud, but the guy was running all day, without trouble. Sounded sweet too!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I need the answer to this aswell worried am only guna be able to do donny loud days the system came with 2 shitty little baffles what seem to do nothing for the noise level is ther some better baffles you can buy ?

15. Akrapovic do a v2 set of baffles for the race system, that reduce the levels to a claimed 109dbA. I have them fitted but have not had the system measured. Silverstone this year was supposed be 108dbA static although I saw no static testing and I was not spoken too. I did however see an 1199/1299 Panigale get pulled on a drive by measurement. Get yourself to Spain or Portugal, better weather and no noise restrictions. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. 109 d.b with baffles in on the akro ? That only leaves donny loud days for track days ?

18. Wow thats lucky .. they let me out with akra's and inlet baffles

Got flagged at silverstone without any baffles , ok with them, but that place is sooooooo random when it comes to noise - they reckon i was 119db rideby without baffles ..wtf !!!

19. Fucking idiots. 119db ride by would have had the RAF scrambled :rolleyes: Think they need re educating and some equipment recalibration me thinks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Did Donny quite day no problem ! did Silverstone no problem ! even did Bedford which is a 101db static Failed however they let me out and it did not trip 87db drive by !!! std pipes for the win ! get out on every track no problem !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information