1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Heat Problems

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mr C, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Old news. Now I'm going to have to trawl the old threads to merge it :rolleyes:

2. Threads merged :)

3. You don't "have" to... or will the forum explode?

4. It might :thinkingface:

5. We will never know now. It's an ending that none of us should ever contemplate :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Give the man the cuddly toy. I understand that the cause has been identified as fuel leaking through a non Ducati recommended aftermarket fuel cap that was fitted without an ‘O’ ring. The rider was very lucky the bike didn’t go up in a fireball. Andy

7. And lucky ducati replaced the bike foc.

#47 900streetfighter, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  8. This is what the guy said a week ago regarding the gas cap: so if it didn't have an O-Ring fitted at least it wasn't his fault...

I wouldn't speculate at this point. They don't have the bike yet as it's enroute to Italy. Speculation can only result in inaccurate information that benefits absolutely no one and they spread. I would urge everyone to be more patient as I would love to know the real cause as well, to prevent it from happening again if it's a systematic fault, which I don't believe it is. I still honestly think it's a one off.

I've read many people's comments on the gas cap. I will clear that here once and for all.

1) Ducati requested a whole list of my modifications done on the bike before confirming a replacement bike for me under warranty.

2) they are paying for all my parts that were on the bike, Ducati Performance and aftermarket, which includes the gas cap.

3) I've read comments from elsewhere that it's an ebay Chinese made cheap gas cap that's why. Fyi it's a Moto Corse gas cap made in Italy.

4) TWM supplies the oem gas caps to ducati. They also supplies the DP levers to ducati. I had verified with TWM that the v4 gas cap and 1x99 gas caps are absolutely identical before purchasing.

5) all parts including the gas cap were installed by the Ducati master tech, and verified before taking the bike.

6) the gas cap was on the bike when I first took delivery (had everything put on during PDI), and the incident happened after about 450kms, and I was on the 4th tank of gas (half full at the time).

So as you can see, a little bit of speculation can cause a lot of false information being spread around. I think most of you know me as quite laid back, but I strongly urge the public to refrain from further speculation. I really don't care what some people "think" happened. Because at this point in time what you're saying is not credible. No basis on facts in this particular situation as you didn't see it, you didn't smell it, you weren't in the loop of the process, etc.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. So that's why I'm trying to remain quiet on this matter until I have more accurate information, if I do get more info.

Lastly, for those of you conspiracy theorists, if ducati finds that it's a highly probable reoccurrence, do you really think they'd sweep it under a rug? Only way I see that happening is if it's truly a one off freak incident. But if it's likely to happen to everyone's bikes, it is in ducati's best interest to do a recall to avoid possible litigation. So I would say just relax, enjoy your bikes, and let's be patient to see what comes out of it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Good well balanced view and standpoint. I wish more people would be like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Thanks, the owner was quite well balanced too :):upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I've had the 1199 Panigale and the rear was known to get hot from the rear pipe. I have just received the V4 and she is even worse to say the least, what a bike definitely the new bench mark but at the slightest stoppage at a red robot the fan comes on and blow unconformable hot air at the left side onto my leg.....once I stop the fan still runs for 30-45 seconds before switching off. All I can say once you on the move there are absolutely no problems but don't take her out into traffic..........or stop go riding. Otherwise I cannot fault the bike, the stand is till a bitch though to hook out with your foot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've had the 1199 Panigale and the rear was known to get hot from the rear pipe. I have just received the V4 and she is even worse to say the least, what a bike definitely the new bench mark but at the slightest stoppage at a red robot the fan comes on and blow unconformable hot air at the left side onto my leg.....once I stop the fan still runs for 30-45 seconds before switching off. All I can say once you on the move there are absolutely no problems but don't take her out into traffic..........or stop go riding. Otherwise I cannot fault the bike, the stand is till a bitch though to hook out with your foot.

13. What gear do you ride with? I never forgave the US ( I see you are from SA) in general for causing to Ducati to add the ugly plastic engine covers because they all ride racebikes in shorts! :)

14. I'm in Natal humid and hot probably like California in summer and I ride with summer vented gear no leathers as they are too hot.

15. i'm not surprised about the heat output at worse scenario, I feel certain that the concerns for this led to the unusual open (almost 'unfinished') appearance of the bodywork/fairings immediately behind the radiators, the area many struggle with visually.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. i think its a copy cat, trying to be chaz davies_fp2.png

17. Not forgetting the BSB Ducati 999 back in 2004 @ Oulton Park with Haga-sun

Haga 2004.jpg

18. That isn't Haga on fire though :thinkingface: there is a bike under his front wheel...

19. yeah, that was my c50, bastard.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information