1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ravenscry, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Did a go compare yesterday mce quoted £538 fully comp on 50 year old 6 years no claims no mention of tracker

• Like Like x 1
  2. yea I'm with mce at the mo a young 49 year old ( haha) with 3 points and 3 years nc as stopped riding for a while. they quoted 599 on the base v4 which I'm down to get in a few weeks. so I'm not going to pull out of the purchase all systems go thank god no tracker but datagged.

3. I just rang MCE. They flat won't insure a V4S due to the value. Same with Bennetts. Insurance for the V4S is looking to be a right pain.

4. Out of pure interest I tried to get a quote from Bennett’s who I’m currently with and they won’t quote me either. I wouldn’t use mce unless I absolutely had to.

Carol Nash quoted me on the v4s and it was silly money.

5. So, explain to me how some people are getting brokers to quote for the V4S (albeit some stupidly high) and others are not being offered a quote even by the same brokers who have offered quotes for the V4. I have recently had the occasion to speak in general conversation with representatives from both BeMoto and Ramasis (Ducati Insurance) and asked about the V4 and both have said in principle, subject to a conversation with the underwriter, no problem. I have an agreed value on the 1098R that went through that loop and have it on a multi bike policy that cost me £320. I expect my Speciale to cause a degree of uncontrolled laughter and “you want to insure it for how much !” but still expect to have it underwritten at a reasonable sum. That is for a 64 year old with 48 continous years insurance on a bike. Andy

6. Welcome to the wonderful world of insurance. They seem to make it up as they go.

My 1299 is around 480 or something a year to insure. A v4s with carole Nash was north of £1700 lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My bike is coming on the 24th and all I’m getting online is unable to quote, I’m 35 with 9 years bike NCB, one fault claim in a car( unfortunately went up the back of someone in traffic) and 3 points, I’ve had no problem getting a quote on an R1 M, RSV4 RF or S1000RR which all come in at under £800, wtf is up with insurers and this bike?!.

8. The insurance man loves hoovering up once a year:D vacuum-money-23841490_0.png

9. It’s the price of the thing!

10. It can't only be that though as an R1 M is the same sort of price as a base V4, I'm waiting for a friend of mine who's a broker to get back in touch, fingers crossed he can sort something out.

11. Price and that it’s a brand new model

12. You would think the insurance companies were wholly unfamiliar with the idea of a new model of high performance vehicle coming onto the market, people buying it, and insurance being required soon. What a novelty. Never experienced this before.

13. Anything north of £20k and its a lottery, unless the underwriters change their peramiters it will kill the superbike market .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Am I in a minority? I could never dream of a 20k bike ...most I have ever paid is about 7.5k but average I'd say is nearer 5k I have had a lot of bikes by the way....if I was an insurance company I'd look at 20+k for the bike, 200bhp, 190+mph, gravel and diesel on our potholed roads, the ease of 3 blokes lifting it in a van and breaking it ....and do you know what I too wouldn't be quoting less than ridiculous money.

15. its gonna kill the s and special models to some degree. even if I had the money, I would be reluctant to give it away to a insurance company. ive never had to claim on any bike ive had. or should I say I could have but since my excess was so high there was no point going through the insurance on a few minor accidents.
    The base v4 is insurable if you phone them up and wait about 5 mins after they have consulted there managers. Thought it was looking bad but was surprised that it was only 100 quid more than the Aprilia rsv4rf.
    you would have thought that Ducati Insurance would give a bit to help the Bikes sell faster as they are shooting themselves in the foot.
    still don't get why my 1299 ( I'm pex) is £260 quid to insure as I'm sure its a still knickable bit of kit.

16. Just renewed my insurance on my 1299 Anniversario with ducati insurance, due to value north of £20 k only three companies quoting cannot justify the premium I’ve just paid full no claims etc etc etc makes no difference and they were the cheapest.

17. Are shit fast cars expensive to insure. I’ve no clue, I drive a piece of crap and it’s more expensive to insure than my bike

18. Ive got a focus rs cost 36k its only £300 a year

• Like Like x 1
  19. The V4S is in PDI at the moment, so I've had to make a decision on insurance.

Ended up going through Carole Nash and the policy provider is Aviva.

I've got a one year old BMW S1000R Sport (£12k) and a standard V4S (£24k) on the same policy. Excess is £500 on the BMW, and £1k(!) on the V4S. Get breakdown cover, homestart, ability to ride friends bikes and £100k legal cover as standard.

Both bikes stored in brick garage. Both have factory immobilisers and Datatag. BMW has factory alarm, Ducati has BikeTrac (£300)

54, no convictions, one claim in the last 3 years for a theft. Social Domestic and Pleasure only - no commuting, no pillions.

The theft claim seems to have pushed up the premium......

which is £1049. So that plus the BikeTrac means nearly £1400 in insurance.

For those looking around the bike now has an ABI code so if your insurer can't find details on the bike tell them to look for ABI 80300269.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. well atleast I know someone will nick yours rather than my standard v4 as the standard one is half the cost to insure so the idiots at the insurance companies are quoting.
    an absolute joke for you guys on the v4s , totally wrong.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information