1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ravenscry, Jan 29, 2018.

1. The wonders of the internet can save us some time...

2. That's what I said too o_O my Hayabusa struggled to dip into the 7's but went 248mph terminal and to a stop in 2.1 miles - hence it would piss all over a Veron as stated - just talking facts from when it broke and held the British and European Land Speed Record for 12 years...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good vid. And a perfect comparison to my car. No surprises.

4. So you’re doing 202mph on the regular to beat bikes....

5. Oof, 248 is bonkers power. What bhp is that? I’d still joust on an A road though

6. Mmm, I see the GT2 got to 200 from a rolling start where
    440 at the rear wheel but it was turned down to under 400 for it's record run due to wheel spin - it would struggle on an A Road - A1 in places is fine though :) Jack Frost (it was his bike) is pushing 700BHP now but still hasn't gone much faster...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Err no. There’s a great 5 mile stretch of road between me and Market Raisen in Lincs. I can cover it quicker in my car than on any bike. Fact... fast cars are massively quicker through corners and can brake much, much later. Ask Lewis Hamilton

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Interesting. To be continued. Off to sleep. I’m fucked. Good night gentlemen.

9. IMG_0842.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not really fact. Both these videos prove that. Not much diffence in apex speed - yes cars are faster but not enough to overcome the acceleration deficit.

Both videos are essentially short circuit and the bikes still win.

Watch from 10 min

Sure F1 cars etc. with serious downforce are another ballgame.

11. The old claim was a bike theft. My car and bike records are separate - I have proof of NCD for 15+ years on both car and bike. However, how many years are recognised depends on the insurer. Some give max discount at 10 years.

12. LoL no chance!

Only if the rider can’t ride for toffee maybe.

13. no chance

14. no chance

15. Huzzah..........a good old cock waving competition! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Wot evs..... why did you post this 3 times?

And yeah, a John McGuiness type rider on a superbike would do me. But I’m yet to encounter one. It takes a lot of skill (and balls) to spank a super bike through the countryside.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. What on earth are you rambling on about!? This thread was hijacked ages ago by daft old cock wavers :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Started by them :joy: :yum it's a Ducati Forum :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gents, some years ago I looked into insurance for bikes which valued over £15K. I don't think that much will have changed in the last several years, only 2 actual Insurance Co's will be able to quote you think 1 is Aviva and the other is Equity Red Star (ERS). I use ERS via Ducati insurance. Did speak to BeMoto, who confirmed that the DI Quote I had was very good at the time, I insure 3 bikes and ERS via DI as the broker have been very good so far. I'm insuring an 1199SL, 1200R Monster and an 899, 2 claims in 5 years but with Protected NCB. I have to have a Tracker on the 1199. Due to its value this is about £900 on it's own, the other aren't expensive. This value is an approx guide to me only. I would guess that as I've been using DI/ ERS over the past 10 years or so, I do get some reasonably good rates, when I consider what I'm insuring. My reason for posting this, is it doesn't matter which broker you're trying to use (mce/ CN/ BeMoto etc) they can all only go to 2 actual or possibly 3 Ins Co's in order to quote you. Even though I'm with ERS, when I wanted to check the DI quote, BeMoto couldn't get anywhere near the DI quote and they were talking to ERS also. What I'm reading doesn't surprise me, hence the silly quotes that I'm reading above on a brand new bike.

20. All gone quiet on this thread.
    I’ve had a New Blade SP for a year and with one year NCD am renewing at £480. My V4S has arrived at the dealer and the only quote I’ve had is via GoCompare.. Principal for £1675 and one year NCD from my Scrambler. Bemoto wouldnt quote for either my Blade renewal or the V4 and said they wanted 3 years NCD.
    I guess I was expecting this and maybe just have to swallow the rip-off for this year to enjoy the V4S. For those interested, I’m running both to see which I prefer but must say there is a certain addictive something about the V4 that’s lacking in my Blade SP. Analogue v digital analogy perhaps.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information