1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ravenscry, Jan 29, 2018.

1. It was MCE that quoted £8k
    Obviously don’t want the business.

2. Ducati/Ramasis follow up Monday.

3. Tried BeMoto...£2.7k
    Obvs having a laugh

4. So, great news. Got sorted with Ducati insurance. Very understanding and competitive quote.
    Some reality coming to the market.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Has anyone got any quotes for the v4r yet?
    i'm just getting a quote for changing my v4s to v4r....
    (I had minor incident with my 1299s in August! gulp!)

6. I guess that the V4R will suffer the same lack of data the V4/S did at launch so it’s likely there will some outrageous figures flying around. I was very impressed by the young woman I spoke to at Ducati Insurance (aka Ramasis/Sky Insurance) who found an underwriter that recognised my V4 Speciale Magnesio. They provided a multi bike policy for my existing bikes at renewal time (Multistrada/748R/1098R) and let me add the V4 when it arrived (about 5 or 6 weeks later) at the price quoted. It cost me an additional £600 (I’m 64, have full no claims bonus, no claims in the last 5 years and have no motoring convictions for the last 45 years). Experience suggests you won’t get anything realistic through the internet so I’d give several brokers a ring to get a flavour of what’s out there. Andy

7. The Missenden Flyer (worth checking him out if you haven't seen his videos) got a silly quote also on the V4 and looking at it he lives in a pretty nice area with good biking experience so it definately appears that a few more months are needed before things settle down on the quote front.

8. I'm with Ducati/Ramasis at the moment, just getting a change quote from v4s to v4r so hopefully they know the score!

9. Quote has come back at £1700 :sob: it could be worse but I was expecting/hoping it to be about £1200-1300!

It doesn't include the Akra, bit of a dumb question as I've only got standard exhaust on my 1299s and v4s was standard too but do you need to specify it?

10. Yep, it’s a performance hike. Brace yourself...
    fwiw I was quoted £8.5k for my V4S. That’ll be a no then

11. It’s was £800 for the v4s (and the 1299s on a multi bike policy) :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information