1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 V4 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Don't you mean yesterday ;):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Time for a refresh on this thread.
    Just picking up on a comment on this thread: https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/pp-total-loss.70197/page-2

Given that the V4 multi didn't appear this year, and probably won't appear in 2020 either, what are the chances it will in 2021 :yum
    Has there been some announcement, or the dealers got a heads up ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Based on previous experience, Ducati aren’t likely to release news about new models until Eicma in November. Also the 1260 Multi’s will need to be about 2/3 years old before any engine replacements are announced. Just look back from when the 1200cc started and you should see the patterns of change.

4. I just hope it comes out before we all go electric. I'm already getting out of ICE for our cars, but I do fancy a v4 swansong for the internal combustion engine…

5. I couldn't possibly comment in detail (InnovateUK being a client), but good to see. The Williams part is a tad worrying, however… This time last year I rode most of the Zero range over our excellent highland roads - they're just brilliant and very very easy to ride - right now they make great beginners' bikes and town machines, but the whole energy density/charge times equation is still a generation or two away, my marker being a 180+ mile range under what you or I would regard as 'normal' riding and a recharge time of c.30 minutes. I've just spent a couple of days in a Jag i-Pace, discovering that, when driving smoothly but - ah - progressively (the car gave me top marks for smoothness and not using the brakes, less so for acceleration :D), they just haven't got the range yet - I wasn't quite going to make the 200 mile mark on a single charge. Tesla Model 3 to try next - that might do the trick…

6. I agree, the bike needs to manage that at minimum, to manage 350ish for a day if touring. And that then presents the issue of whether charge points are available at hotels etc in other countries.
    I drove the tesla X. Great performance for what it is, and manageable range, just way over priced Imo for the quality of fit & finish and not practical for our needs.
    You probably noticed my posts about recently buying a multi enduro. That should keep me happy until the v4 does arrive (it rides great but skyhook still not a patch on my ohlins bike on bumpy roads)

7. I loved the Model X - best handling apartment block I've ever driven. And very, very funny.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Never mind about electric cars and bikes what about the Multi?

I can’t help but notice they’re offering a free touring pack or the equivalent value in riding gear if you buy a new 1260. What does that tell you?

I’d have thought the V4 in a Monster or Streetfighter or even a larger Supersport would been a better thing to do. The Multi is supposed to be for Enduro as well. Why the hell would you want a V4 Enduro? Although I do accept most Multi’s won’t ever go off road.

9. I heard Street fighter later this year and V4 multi next autumn

10. Yeah, generally the dealers seem to be expecting a 'supernaked' first. Whether it is called a moster, hyperstrada, or what is open to debate.

If Ducati were to bring out a proper sports tourer then that is what I would buy, but until then the multi is the closest (for 2 up with luggage), and I would quite like a V4 in my fleet to play on when touring :p;)

They have offered the free clothing / touring pack before. I don't think any manufacturer is having an easy time of selling new bikes at present. A number of good deals to be had if you go searching.

11. I’d have thought the latest 1260 Mutley would not be changed for a least 5 years. If only to party recoup the investment in its development. By then who knows where ICE or electric/battery technology will end up.

12. I think they bring an update or new model every 2 to 3 years

MY 2010 was first 1200
    MY 2012 - Added Skyhook (also Twin Spark?)
    MY 2014 - Added GT Version
    MY 2015 - New Bike - DVT 1200 Engine
    MY 2018 - 1260 Engine
    MY 2020?? - New Bike and New Engine

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Its a fair point, and why I didn't expect it to change before next year.
    I'm not sure it will make 5 years though, more probably 3 imo.

Ducati are already advertising an electric mountain bike, and I would think they will offer an electric 'motorbike' at some point. Not sure they would start with the Multi as an electric version though.

14. Just because it can go offroad doesn't mean it has too.

The ENDURO makes a fantastic sport tourer IMO and with a 260-300 tank range its akin to a intercontinental ballistic missile. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Using that ^, engine wise 1200 in 2010 then versions of the same engine for the next 8 years. I'd be surprised if they update the 1260 strada engine for a v4 for at least another 4 years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I have never known a dealer, car or bike ask for 25%, that is taking the piss

17. The engine changed in 2010, then evolved in 2012, then evolved again in 2015 and again in 2018.. so a new not evolved engine is due 2020/2021

The bike changed in 2010, then again in 2015, so again is due for a new version is 2020.

Its all gueswork until Ducati announces it anyway...

But putting the V4 in a multi would be a good move - but it may be too main stream of a model for the next step in a cheaper version of the V4... so they may well do the pre (multi) production testing of the new engine in say a street fighter replacement for MY20 and then the new mutley and engine MY21...

Only time will tell...

18. Thanks for sharing Paul, I hadn't seen that.
    Looks very interesting, and fits squarely into the 'hyper-naked' the dealers I've spoken to have suggested could come first.
    another interesting snippet was that pikes peak have outlawed bikes with non-one-piece bars, so ruling out superbikes...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information