1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 V4 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Can they. I have owned a few VFR's The 750 I tuned to death & was great. The 800 had so many gremlin's Round abouts at low speed hickups were a nightmare.

2. Really, I had four over an 17 year period, a late 750 and three VTECs. True, they were a bit bland and characterless but bloody effective for comfortable one up touring. No fuelling glitches on mine save the first VTEC that had what I termed a 'burp' at the VTEC transition, the other two had exemplary fuelling. Maybe the burp is what you're referring to, this tended to be on the 2002 and 2003 models, though not all of them.

3. I wouldn’t imagine much less though - my previous point was about perceived value vs the (IMHO) rather overpriced PP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yeah certainly will up around that mark, lets face it Multi now gets very close when adding a few extras, as for PP yeah way over priced, My brand new KTM 1290 Adventure S with loads on it for near 13K is an absolute bargain in comparison, which is why I bought one and sold my DVT

5. they will have the two tier system like BMW has done, the Expensive new GS 1260 and the lesser 850 versions, Ducati has this in place already with the 950 Mutley so having a range topper will actually be better for the brand, exactly like car models.

6. @Steviegtr absolutely Honda can.
    Mine was a pre-vtec 800. It did exactly what was required and nothing more. Took us all over Europe.
    The problem was after 3 years I was riding it mostly using all it had to give. Moved on to a ST4S in 2004 which had at least 30bhp more power. Another Great bike.
    I never had a vtec, but a lot of my riding buddies had them until being tempted into multistrada ownership. (Which absolutely trounced them performance wise, 1200 vs 800)

With the exception of a throttle position sensor on my 800, and a few regulators on others bikes, I don't recall anyone having any more serious issues with their vfrs.

7. Off topic a bit but the valve service on the VTEC was a bitch. Did it three times, glad I'm not having to do that again.... And then he bought a Ducati :rolleyes:

8. A 1260 DVT Touring is already over £18k. Add the 10% Brexit tax and even that one will be £20k.

9. I would LOVE a V4 Multi and the timing may be about right to finally let go of my trusty 2010 (it's got 40K miles on it now) but yeah, I bet it'll be £21-22K when it comes out. Which is getting a bit f*ckin' daft price-wise!

10. +1 - I'm still running my '10, because it's such a great bike that I'd have to see a stonking great advantage to shelling out on a new one - it's not the cost, it's what it gives me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I absolutely loved the pre-VTEC VFR750/800 engine. Then they ditched the gear-driven cams, which offended the engineer in me. Then I rode it, got to 6k revs, thought, "WTF is going on?", got off and walked away.

12. 100% Agree. At the moment, I think I’d have to drop 12-14K £ for a bike 10-15% better! Can’t justify it!

13. Before I buy one would need to be certain that Ducati had sorted ALL the V4 issues

14. My mate does his own valve clearances on his VFR800, takes him chuffing ages, no garages want to do the job!!

15. What are the known issues? Are there many? In fairness there've been a few with the Multi too...porous heads, defective radiators, fuel senders, etc etc..

16. Just read the posts on the forum there well documented

17. I think the V4 lump for the Multi will be a 'not so nutter' (technical term) version of the Panigale engine , tuned differently for 'adventure biking' , whatever that means. I'm actually looking at a complete change and will be test riding a 2019 GS 1250 , dont hate me ! :confused:o_O

#97 GaryO, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Yeah I say we hit the nail on the head, a V4 mutli is coming by 2020.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information