1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Panigale Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by repsol67, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Conversely..... Apple = overpriced phone - free rose-tinted spectacles included

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bit rich coming from someone who owns Ducati's, then throws the entire bling catalogue at it. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Would fitting a screen protector help with this by providing some reenforcement, or maybe it would make it more likely if the screen wants to expand, but is glued to a protector that expands at a different rate?

4. My 1299 has just had a new TFT fitted, I don't ride in the mid day sun, but I'm planning to fit a tinted screen, and chuck a cloth over it, if I ever park the bike in the sun.

5. Is it definitely the direct sunlight that busts them? Is this established?

6. My 1299's got a crack. My 1198 had a crack. My 916 has a crack. Never stopped them being great bikes tho.

7. Heat probably?

8. Yep fair point. OK I'll fess up. I just dont like Apple products. Each to their own I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I remember reading a couple of threads on a US forum where in both instances the screens cracked after the bike had been left parked up in direct sunlight, as opposed to just a hot environment. The intense heat seemed to play havoc with the screens concerned, when left exposed for an extended period.

10. TBF, I use apple coz I buy lots of music. All my devices at home are apple and they just connect and work and sync everything with no fuss and backup all my music. Wifey is not tech savvy, so it makes my life easier. My iPhone is just an glorified iPod that can make calls and txt. I value it as a music player more than a phone. But I get my moneys worth out of them. Ive only just upgraded from a 6 to a 12. Apple products I find, last longer than a laptop would. My macbook is 6yrs old and still as quick(ish) as the day I bought it. Ive only had to upgrade the ssd as i ran out of room. I have a basestation which automatically backs everything up in the background and my smart TV is smarter coz its got a mac mini attached for youtube and movies. Im sure I could do similar with samsung products, its swings and roundabouts.

11. My triumph tft dash leaked, no help from triumph as they said the bike had part history, errm yes i bought it used, they replaced it under a goodwill claim otherwise it would have cost £1200

Do Not Sell My Personal Information