1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Speciale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by scratch pervert, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Mate, it was a windup, nothing more. See El T's reply. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Interesting though that so many people on here were saying it looked crap when the spy photos were released and now you can't buy one next year for love nor money as they are all sold out.

Good job Ducati don't ask on here for peoples thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. It'd be interesting to know if anyone else has been told this...

4. I used to think the same about 1199 v 1199R. I remember people remarking how small the differences were "only 5bhp more" etc.
    Until I threw the S down Craners after a con rod escaped. Admittedly an ex-race engine but...
    Then I re-read Ducati's advertising for the R.... "titanium conrods...greater mechanical robustness". Hmmm...I wonder why that was?
    I'm looking at the V4R

5. Having followed the V4 treads on here for a while I must admit I have been quite tempted too. But it made me look at the question another way. Given that buying a V4s and aftermarket exhaust (approx £27,000) would financially wipe me out for many years I started to think what else that money would buy. For example:-
    2017model low mileage 1200 monster s with Termis-thoughtfully provided by a previous owner- about £12,000. And;
    Maybe £5000 to trick my Streetfighter s up to a sort of R spec.

That still leaves me £10,000 to spend on Hookers and hard drugs. I could even move the bath indoors.

I know these are obvious points and simple maths, but it does put into perspective just how much money these things are. And in any case once you take away the glamour the fact remains that for the roads of the Pyrenees- where I live- a V4 is not the most appropriate machine anyway.
    It is clearly a lovely machine and yes, I am a bit envious of Android and others on here who will own one shortly. Good luck to them and enjoy it. I really look forward to following their progress.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Demo bikes at dealers are imminent I believe.

That's V4S not the Speciale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. That noise is pure filth!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I really want to find something to like about it but the tank fairings just look so shit it puts me off the rest of the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Some kit, if only I could afford one

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Surely that noise is enough? :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Totally awesome! I could eat it!

12. Sold out V4's are just a marketing thing & of course this bike will attract alot more sportbike fans then the v twins. A fantastic bike but the special thing is gone for me with this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Finally! So it's true then, we are back to the "Oi Mister! One off your edlights is out" cyclops arrangement. Really wish they'd kept the dual low/high beam arrangement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. So apart from the annual ducati track day and the odd donnington - no speciales on track then...

Almost ironic - buy a 5k exhaust and not allowed on track.

I'm more interested in what the stock exhaust sounds like - its silly now.

15. No noise limits on track in Spain and it's a lot warmer there as well :cool:. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ok apparently the daytime Led running lights are always on. Dipped beam (RH side) automatically comes on in low light conditions such as in tunnels, dark shaded areas, with the onset of night and auto off when returning to normal daylight conditions. Main beam is on the left hand side. Controlled through LH switchgear. I'm also led to believe you can override this auto feature by forcing low beam on via switchgear.

#39 Topolino, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  17. Better quality video here:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information