1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Streetfighter?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by duke63, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Milan show ?

2. Maybe but I doubt it I think prob 2019

3. Marco Sairu, engine project manager at Ducati, has alredy said the V4 Streetfighter is under investigation. There is a video on YouTube from the launch review.

A 1299 with Euro 4 won’t really help with Euro 5 not too far away.

4. The future is 1300 twins with no cats, no baffles, massive intakes and fuck the emissions.

There you are Ducati, there's a mission statement for you. You can have that one on me.

5. I love my SuperDuke, but a Tuono with better styling, reliability and slightly more comfort would be right up my street.

6. I'd miss that sledge hammer torque though. I won't be parting with my Superduke at least not before I've tried it uncorked with a Rottweiler and a remap. 108 lb/ft at the rear wheel has just got to be done.
    The V4's only got 92 lb/ft. I'm surprised it can pull away without stalling. :innocent:

7. My 1199s only had 89 lb/ft after full system and remap on a dyno, didnt stop it from pulling wheelies at 130mph though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It or you... :)

9. I really tried to keep the front end down honest guv :)

10. Waiting for the new B4

11. its a serious consideration to replace the Monster ...as we can see from above its all rumour and speculation...i cant find anyhting tangible on it ..one site says ..

"Equipped with a 4-stroke 2-cylinder engine with a displacement of 1099 cm3, capable of delivering 155 hp, the model demonstrates breathtaking dynamics"

12. The Monster is selling to well to be replaced so I doubt thats a consideration, my understamding is they want something to compete with the likes of the MT10, Z1000 and the GSX in the streetfighter category.
    I think the original 1098s is 155 hp so they would have to up that, bear one thing in mind the streetfighter engines were the replicas of their sports bike of that era so 848 & 1098, if they carry on in that vein it would have to be a V4 unless they have some 1299 V-twins floating around that they have to use up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sorry poorly written ..not my Forte ....i meant to say "a replacement for my Monster"
    i agree with your engine assessment to a point but the cost factor has to come in to effect ....will they price themselves out of this sector ???

14. What about the Multistrada 1260 dvt engine?

15. I hope they build something to compete with KTM and Aprilia. Having heard the V4 I hope it’s a 1299.

16. Compete on price as well. KTM have learned that new customers who aren't KTM diehards don't always like bright orange so have offered alternatives. Ducati need to understand also that people who aren't Ducati fanatics won't necessarily get a warm thrill of exclusivity form paying three grand more than the competition just because it says Ducati on the tank. They'll conclude its 3K over-priced and walk off and buy something else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. And more colours not just red

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I think that's what happened years ago with the SF 1098 S.
    Loadsamoney IIRC.

19. Totally agree. Not sure about Ducati and their numbers, but last I read Supersport bike sales are well down YOY. If Maserati and Lambo need to produce SUV’s to sell enough units I expect the story is the same for Ducati.
    They’re owned by a car company that doesn’t give a hoot about the racing brand. They’re a business all the way. The Monster saved them once and some say the Multistrada did so again, they need to keep adapting. Especially when the SS bikes are so expensive and the yoofs can’t buy them.

Price this around a Tuono and i’d probably have one...although that engine looks like quite a lump!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information