1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Tyre Sizes?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JoePeps, Jan 11, 2019.

1. On a different note. If you’re tracking a lot. I’d be dropping the oil every other track day mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. From what I've been told road tyres will mask problems with set up a lot better, suspension, pressures etc. I don't really know what I'm doing with that side of things yet (probably never will). And there's a way to go with required grip for me before moving on to them.
    He had nothing to gain from what he was telling me so I don't think he's made anything up.

A spare set of wheels is a lot of money, for that money I'd rather spend more time on track to be honest.
    Slick are also more expensive and generally won't last as long.

Really? I'm planning on every 4 days to be honest.

3. Slicks are at their best (generally) for longer than grooved. They give more grip and I actually find them cheaper to be honest.

4 days especially on an Italian bike I’d say is too long..

4. If you make the transition it will also teach you more about bike set-up and plenty more feel for what the bikes doing. I know the cost is great for an extra set of Wheels but think of it as an investment... looked after you will see your money back all day... Plus you can fit some wets for any upcoming events and be blown away by the level of grip:cool:.... if it rains that is....

5. Fair enough, but I've not even got the bike yet so not getting carried away spending more on other bits yet. for the minute I'm happy on road tyres and the convenience they give me!

6. Well I've got a 4 day trip to Almeria in March on it so it'll have to do!

7. I’d probably drop the oil whilst I was out there tbh. But that’s me

• Like Like x 1
  8. You'll be fine. It's unlikely you'll do every single session. I like 4 day gigs because you can spread it out a bit, there's tons of track time to be had so you can pick and choose your sessions. I often miss the 1st session to let the ibuprofen kick in after the previous nights session....:sun::beer::sun::beer::beer::beer:

You'll also be doing some spannering. Even if it's just tyre renewal. But deffo drop the oil and filter afterwards. I know it goes without saying but check filter and sump plug for metallic particulates. Enjoy! I'm doing a 4 dayer in April :):upyeah:

9. Thread moved and title changed to suit

10. And removed posts?

11. Yeah I'm planning on trying to be calm, bit different to a single day which is a bit of a rush to maximise time out on track. It will be having a change as soon as I get back so I'm not worried. Hopefully the only spannering will be taking the wheels off to swap the tyres once, I'm not one for tinkering to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No

13. For me its Supercorsas for the road on carbon wheels, Pirelli slicks on OEM wheels and Metzler wets loose. I use the road tyres on a damp track. Only thing with slicks is the need to get on track as quick as possible after getting the warmers off, they go cold quick and then no grip. Nearly dumped it exiting pit lane at Anglesey after a few minutes waiting in the que to get out. Scary trying to warm them up again on track! On the other hand it might just have been in my head and not real.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information