1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r Insurance !!!!!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Supersport63, Jul 19, 2019.

1. I guess everybody is making up for the insurance losses from the moped gangs etc,etc:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1199s and Tuono V4 Factory £280 for both thats with Bemoto. 45 (Looks younger ;)) 9 years NCB in Chorley.

3. How hard can setting up an motorcycle insurance company be?

4. Considering how easy bikes are to nick and how much damage can happen just from not putting the side stand down properly I'm not surprised a 35k bike has such high insurance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  5. At that rate, they expect 1:5 min to be nicked or written off. That’s high

6. It's nearer 1:19 but even if not written off it's easy to be >£1800 with a small drop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. You know they have underwriting costs and admin cost, right ;) not 100% goes in to premium :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Btw I was referring to the 5k cost not 1500

9. Yep, I figured but, wouldn't that still be 1:7?

Thing is, it's one of the most desirable bikes on the plant and OP has been riding 2 1/2 yrs. £1800 isn't shocking to me.

Plenty of 18yr olds in Fiesta's would be paying £1800.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. 60% of premium goes to insurance on average. Rest is fees, costs etc

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I was paying £750/900 on the fireblades back in the early nineties:eek:but i needed the ride so i just paid:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

12. It is when I only paid half of that for my V4S!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'm from Chester so fingers crossed i see that thing of beauty out one day! If you have just spent £35,000 on a bike another £1,800 wont hurt!! Have you tried bemoto? just insured with them after hearing good things and was the cheapest price i got with the most cover.

14. Having read all the other posts I have to agree £1800 is not unreasonable. For what it's worth, back in the late 90's I got my first Ducati (never looked back since :)). It was a 748 (which I still have). I wanted a 916 but couldn't get insurance cover. I was the same age as you, had been riding since I was 16 and my last bike was an FZR1000 exup. I lived in London:(. The insurance was £1300 even with max NCB. I know as I found an old policy letter just a short while ago in the file. That was on a 9.5K bike not a 35k bike (even allowing for inflation).

15. What do you ride an 1199 ?

16. I appreciate that I have only had my licence 2 & 1/2 years and I think that’s what’s killing it !!! Apparently an ACU that I’ve had for the last 15 years doesn’t count haha !!! Still bloody ridiculous!!!!

17. I think you're a lunatic to buy a V4R and not track it! If we're talking money and risk; surely spending that sort of money on a bike warrants getting it on track to see what it can do? You can have a lot of fun when the roads are good but Rs in general are pretty horrible on the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I will be but it still needs running in and to be insured for theft !! I don’t ride on the road much hence why I have sold my 851 and V4 the V4s suspension was tragic on Track even going manual with it !!! It was one of my justifications for the R as it was going to cost me 2k to sort the S out with new suspension!!!

19. If you need a multi bike policy Carole Nash was pretty good for me. 4 bikes including V4 Speciale I’m an old fart and have full no claims, bikes kept in secured garage with data tag and bike trac total was £1711, £500 excess, 3,000 miles per year on each, inc U.K. and EU breakdown cover....

• Like Like x 1
  20. Love a bit of man maths to justify buying a new bike haha! I'm interested to hear feedback on comparison. Can I ask you what sort of level you are riding at? I think it's a problem with manufacturers offering such high performance bikes to Joe Public with wide ranges of abilities. Race suspension has a narrow operating window very specific to the rider weight and abilities but road suspension with a wide setup window even of high quality just isn't going to work on such a powerful bike. In my opinion the S models with active suspension tend to fix this with just the V4S always seeming to have a problem with the rear spring rate.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information