1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r Owners ?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sharky67, May 8, 2021.

1. I’ve done a good few miles on the road on the V4r and ridden a std V4s and to be honest I think they’re both great on the road! I had no issues whatsoever (apart from the heat!!!) obviously it comes in to its own on track but you could say that of any modern bike,gsxr,blade,R1 etc I did a couple hundred miles on the R last week and absolutely loved it! We’re all different I guess!

• Like Like x 3
  2. You get a free Spitfire when you buy an R.

IMG_0727 (3).JPG

• Like Like x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. im not sure bud

4. I second that ... great on the streets . Above all it’s an R .. So makes it that little bit special too . I don’t like the quickshifter on it though .. will change it to a Córdona one for quicker shifts . The quickshifter was crap on the v4/S too .

• Like Like x 2
  5. I run one on the road.

6. I got a Lancaster with my 899!
    Seems you were short changed mate.

925DE63C-913B-48A7-A9CD-29E8CE51D922.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. I have to think long and hard as to why the V4R is better than the V4S. Unless of course you go racing. In which case you have to lose the 103cc the V4S has.

I don’t think there’s much to choose between them. I thought about getting one but thought I’d be a smarty pants and wait for the gen 2. Ahem....

My V4S is a track bike. My mate has a V4R (track bike) and we are about the same pace. My bike seems to have it covered pace wise. Everywhere!

I never owned a Panigale twin. But I had a 1098S and a 1098R. Big difference. The R was boss.

8. My v2r and mates v4r at donny
    Screenshot_20210523-074939.png

• Like Like x 5
  9. Is Race Evo map available for V4S ?

10. Yes. I've got the Evo2 software upgrade on mine. And excellent it is too. Had to pay for it mind. ~400 notes IIRC.... And I believe there's been another update since. I'll find out what that's all about when I get home.

I'm not certain, but I don't think the V4S has the DDA. But I don't use it anyway.

11. Latest update, v3, only applies to the 2021 MY. That uses a new mapping to which everything is linked. Andy

12. Ah ok, thanks. You've saved me another job. Good lad :):upyeah:

Can you ping me the footie results as they come in today? Cheers :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Isn’t there a saying ‘you don’t get if you don’t ask’ ? Well, you asked but you ain’t going to get :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. What you say re V4R does make sense. What's the diff in price, 5k ? I guess can spend on either Akra or suspension kit.

15. I'm not up to speed with prices right now but I'd say the R is at least 10k more than the S. When they released the V4R I remember thinking after fitting an exhaust, body kit and track prep, you're very close to HP4 Race money..... :eek:

16. Yours is far nicer looking mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I would say the V4s is probably better for the road and maybe track.The R has obviously better spec and should hold its value better.Also it’s a big difference in price so what you are prepared to spend.

18. Had mine serviced at my local dealership yesterday and they kindly let me take a few naked pictures. v4r naked 2 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. v4r naked 1 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. That’s a lot of engine crammed into a small package o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information