1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r Superleggera

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Which you can't use for 95% of the time.

2. speak for yourself :motorcycleduc::joy::joy::astonished::bomb::poop::sob::skull:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Carbon brakes for example. Need to be used super hard before they’ll work. That wouldn’t be safe for 99% of punters

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Especially first time on a GP bike with an insurance excess probably higher than a new v2

5. That’s a very fair point and good statement really. I’ve sold both my 1299S and 899 track bike and I must admit one of the main reason I never bought a V4S was I felt Ducati we’re pulling my pants down on the price and I was fed up with the Ducati tax on everything. Didn’t really look at it from Dibbles point of view though and that’s a fair point on why Ducati’s are expensive.

6. Pity they don’t use premium fasteners :thinkingface: it would only add a few £ to the build cost. And the plastic panels are generally lower quality than the main brands too :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. As @Exige says. It’s the small details that are important too.
    My GS fasteners are far far better quality than the black rust-when-you-look-at-them tat that’s on my Pani.
    It gets my goat, it really does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 2
  8. For the money being asked I’m not impressed they are suggesting not going have a carbon swing arm like the 1299SL :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Right you are but they have the registration documents so what is concrete is the power, the weight and the engine size.

Personally I was hoping for an 1100cc, quicker and higher revving engine....... can't help but feel that they may have missed a trick

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Where the carbon swing arm probably costs more than the £100k bike you are about to buy from them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BST did one for the 848; think it was 8k from memory.

12. No, they are pulling punters pants down.

13. Not quite. But as long as they don’t let Cal back on one it’s likley to stay I’m tact :upyeah:

14. The Honda carbon swingarm costs over £100k. I have no doubt the Ducati one will be similar.

15. If Honda are paying over 100k they need to change suppliers

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Doesn’t carbon swing arm on the 1299SL have a replacement cost of something like £36-38k?

17. Blimey, the carbon fibre BST swingarm for my 1098 was ~£3+k iirc. That’s quite a difference!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information