1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r Superleggera

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Nov 20, 2019.

1. @final_edition she has the same toe-in / camber settings you do on her left ..... is that the 'racing' set up ?

2. No good for the right handed tracks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wingage looks ridiculous... The rest looks great though!

4. Is it a bike, is it a plane? No it's a horrendous amount of money for anything.....

5. For that price i'd want carbon/carbon fiber front forks and 3 years free servicing:scream:

6. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Absolutely stunning! And if you're a rich man, why not? I know I would. But I'm not a rich man so here endeth the story.... bugger...

But how much are these? >100k? When I think about what kind of car I could get into for that kind of dough it's a no brainer. I'll have the 991 GT3 please.... :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey. I wonder how much that swingarm is??

9. I'm no race engineer, but given this is being marketed by its power to weight ratios, doesn't it kinda knacker it all up when you add 50kg extra of down force from the wings at speed?

So it's a great ratio standing still, but at speed it's ratio + 50kg?

10. When I picked up my pani I was talking to the manager about the 1299 superleggera,he said they had one in for warranty work as the chain had rubbed though the swing arm but wernt playing ball as the chap hadn't stuck to the service shedual, ducati wanted to charge him £14,000 for a new one so I was told.

• WTF WTF x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Oh.....:astonished:

Right. Scratch that then. Not in the least bit surprised tbh...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is 50kg of downforce like having 50kg of extra weight on the bike? Can’t believe it is, given cars are all about downforce and still go for light weights...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. No, its not like adding 50kg dead weight to the bike, in fact its acts as an aid to adherence to the road thereby enabling even more grip / power to be put through the tyre / road interface resulting in faster lap times (around Dorking), hence like you say, the race cars looking for that perfect balance of weight and downforce, look at Le Mans cars and the kink in the Mulsanne Straight, they hardly lift off !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just turn them upside down then when you're moving you'll have an amazing power to weight ratio!

#136 mutt1979, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Exactly.

So no idea why people are starting to suggest the wings equal extra lots of weight :rolleyes: Its need on a few threads now.

Long as they are fitted the right way round so is downforce and not uplift, they can be as big as they like:upyeah:

Still ugly mind

16. Would make wheelies easier :upyeah:

17. Remember Colin Chapman? Oh, how they laughed...:bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Was he in Monty Python?

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information