1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r V 25th Anniversary 916

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by JohnnySea, May 20, 2020.

1. Thanks. I’ll give him a call in the morning.

One way or another I hope to be the owner of a V4R by close of business tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’ve been speaking to him about the Corse he has, very close to biting the bullet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. It’s not got the Akra system.

4. Do the V4r’s?
    Know the speciale did.

5. Call me an old timer if you wants but neither the V4R or 916 Ani are hardly oil paintings IMO... give me the real deal anytime =748/916/996/ or 998
    X

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 700 miles in now on mine and loving it.... Beware though it’s brutal! Serious sensory overload when your on it:eek: It will fry your brain and boss you about... Recalibrate your senses;) I’ve ridden some bikes in my time but nothing will compare to how physically demanding the V4 is when your getting a lick on!
    6E59CF5D-E7CE-4125-BFF4-38538948F1A0.jpeg 8F91CE3D-336C-42BE-ADD1-C29284DD429C.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Have you ridden a 1098R?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You have great taste in motorcycles

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I know this won't be popular but I think the Akro pipe for the V4 is the ugliest pipe I've ever seen.

I think I'd keep the stock R pipe however if I was going to buy an aftermarket pipe it's be the soon to be released SC Project that looks exactly like the 1299 Final Edition pipe. Saw Akro posted a similar looking pipe for the V4 on Inst yesterday but haven't seen it in the flesh yet.

image0-1.png image1-1.png

#70 JohnnySea, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Termi is evil looking. That would be my choice.

11. Not as standard, no. But I have never seen one on standard pipes. The vast majority run Akra. If you are spending all that money on a bike what’s another £4-£5k?

12. I think the standard pipe actually suits the bike and I think £4K to shed so little weight, add so little power and disfigure what is an otherwise reasonably good looking bike is a mistake. I'd blow £4K on a set of carbon wheels before i put that pipe on it.

However, I do appreciate your point - most people buying an R are going to expect the Akra to go with it. For that reason, I'd consider buying one to include in the package if I was ever planning to sell it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Love the wheels, OZ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I have to say that looks beautiful! Never been a fan of gold wheels but for whatever reason it works well for me on that bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thanks Adam:blush: just needed pepping up a little. Really dislike the crow feet original style wheels. Plus these are slightly lighter than the stock S wheels:upyeah:.... Only down side is cleaning the buggers! nightmare but definitely the visual impact :cool:

16. Have you put ceramic coating on them?
    Helps with cleaning.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Something I definitely need to look into. It’s a strange finish and texture so not sure if that would work:thinkingface: I think it’s like an anodised finish but it’s not smooth... It does however seem pretty durable...

18. Gtechniq C2 v3 Liquid Crystal Spray - Hydrophobic Nano Coat Paint Sealant, Repels Water, Dirt, Provides Premium Panel Protection Against Water and UV Damage - No Hassle, Easy To Apply (500mL) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CE03HYA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ts9XEbBPBTWEX

Or go the whole hog and get the full kit.
    Think that’ll be fine on wheels.
    I spray it all over the bike bar brakes and seat.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information