1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r Vs Rc30

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by dubcat, Jul 5, 2019.

1. So what about a replica then? This is my mates that he's just finished building, the most expensive parts were the tank (NC30) and the genuine RC30 swingarm
    Eskys RC.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. That looks ace. What motor has it in it?

3. At a guess it’s a Vfr 750 or 800?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. It started out as a stock '97 VFR 750

5. Miss my one.
    Honda RC30 015.jpg Honda RC30 022.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Well funny old world it is, I was at Spa yesterday for the Bikers Classic meeting with Andy Carlile. Wandering about the Classic bikes in the pits we stopped at a few RC30's and got talking about them. Andy was curious to what they really were about? Were they really that special? Why they are still regarded as such a bench mark bike. Neither myself or Andy have ridden one. HoweverAndy reminiced about how he was on a K5 gixer and Dahne was on his record RC30. They were both ontrack and from end of Hatzenbach to Aremburg is the fastest section of track on layouts that excude the full Dottinger hohr straight. Now Andy as we all know is no slouch yet he couldnt stay with Dahne on the run thru Flugplatz to aremburg. That RC30 that Dahne rode for the record and indeed still rides today was in Andy's oppinion a long way from the stock that it was professed to be at the time of the record lap. On a slight tangent Andy has hit 181 mph over the crest at Swedenkreuze on a v4 non S.
    Out trackside yesterday we were sat infield at rivargehairpin for the 4hr classic endurance race. Boy did all the RC30's look so stable and on rails compared to everything else out there. Such a leap in bike design. Not sure the Ducati is a leap anywhere like was present back in the 80's when the RC was launched upon the world.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Some of the prices of older bikes now is just mental, like @bradders says I really don't think there worth the money, saying that anyone want my 996sps for £22000 ??

• Like Like x 1
  8. Money is and always has been the persuader in many peoples eyes:upyeah:GLWS;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information