1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r Vs Tuned Bmw M5 Vs Tuned Nissan Gtr

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by JRT, Oct 1, 2020.

1. You know exactly how it is though Bradders.

short shifting is good etiquette as you’re still driving forward. Running all the revs but having to lift off or running in to the anti wheelie is usually slower !

2. The electrics should sort that on these bikes, it’s not like old school 1000 gixer that you short shift a bit to keep the front within a foot of the tarmac.

3. not if you want to go very quick matey

Hence the reason why nobody in stock1000 runs stock electronics. They’re all on kit looms and custom tc/aw tables and or got it switched off

4. But they won’t be short shifting first 3 gears from the grid start, more like into second then run it out. What’s the point of having power that is tuned so on gear change you hit max torque for drive if you done get high enehough to use the power?!

5. I totally agree. But have a look at their data/talk to the fast boys and you’ll see On a stock/road bike most people short shift.

On a full race bike it’s different because the geo is changed. The mapping (covering everything from power to tc and aw tables etc), gearing etc etc etc.

Ask anyone running an r1 for example who’s quick. The competitive bikes run a funky map in the first three gears that effectively lowers the power. The thing just wheelies everywhere otherwise and the whole time you’re wheeling you’re not driving forward effectively.

6. Most of these 1000’s seem to restrict power in first couple of gears

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mine does for sure. 2nd gear on my 1098R was to be taken easy on the gas. On my V4S you can just whack it open. Exiting the Melbourne Loop for example. If I’d done the same on the 1098 :skull::scream:
    I don’t feel full on mental power on the V4S until I open the taps in 4th....

8. Behind the scenes

• Like Like x 2
  9. No doubt some milk float will be along shortly to beat them all :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information