1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. 200 miles done on mine yesterday and wow it feels very different to the s! It’s VERY taught and stiff, really is a proper race bike this! Amazing!
    The way the bike revs with very little inertia in the motor is something else!
    Will report more as I get more miles on it and can start to use it properly.

#301 Chillo, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Here's one at a local bike show today. £31,884 in your money, with all the shiny bits. Like the 999 (S&R) these look so much nicer in 3D.

IMG_0433.JPG IMG_0434.JPG IMG_0435.JPG IMG_0436.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Seems Monkey Harris has brought one

598E081D-6742-47B6-90EE-CC107DBDCCAA.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes he bought it from riders of Bristol

5. been out on mine this morning and sticking to running in limits (below 8k) and obviously taking it steady the fuel light came on at 83 miles! wtf! what's it going to do when I properly ring its neck!
    (I used to get 60-65 miles before fuel light came on with the v4s, but that was when I thrashing it!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Did you fill it or was it a dealership 'full' tank?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. brimmed it with v-power!

going out again later on so will brim it and double check it's full this time.

First service is on Monday

8. I’ve done over 600 miles now and fuel light has been coming on at 83, 91 and 82 miles.
    Really concerned that it’s going to struggle doing 60 miles when going full tilt!
    Can see the RS19 bike has a larger capacity fuel tank maybe that’s what will be needed!

9. Get yourself a FullSix carbon fibre tank like me. You get an extra gargantuan 1/2 litre. Which should easily get you a further 300 metres on track... :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Looked at that and yeah 0.5L isn’t much more :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Those who've taken delivery of V4R's.... When did you put your names down for them?

12. I put my name down in mid '17. Took mine out yesterday and its a scalpel, I have backed off the suspension especially the rear end as it was pretty much a hard tail and needed more road compliance. Its ridiculously easy to ride, smooth with a very eager but linear power delivery. The exhaust note is delicious but even with the standard DB killers installed, noisy. The clutch is a bit on the heavy side but works nicely with that added rattle. So all in all, I'm very happy bunny.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I used to get sub 50 miles out of my 1299 on track. In fact I think 46 rings a bell

14. 1299SL wheels fitted to a US V4R. Hopefully he will remove those hideous frame stickers and reflectors.

40536552403_218639ceda_h.jpg
    40536551683_749f055668_h.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. I haven't a clue what fuel consumption is on track. Probably comparable with a Challenger tank. When I run the V4 again I'll have a butchers at the computer. Should be good for a giggle :laughing:

16. Like the look of that "hideous stickers / reflectors" and all.

17. Going to adjust mine a bit too when I start pushing it as it’s very taut and stiff :)
    How much did you back it off?

18. Challenger wagon would break down before it even got on a road.

19. Are we buying these whilst considering fuel consumption? It would be a bit like me dumping my Russian bird ‘cos she is shit at Scrabble!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information