1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. No. Haven't a clue what my fuel consumption is. On any bike I've ever owned come to think of it. But that's not what's being discussed above- its tank range. And there's an element of practicality to that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Used to get 60 miles on my Firestorm before the light came on.
    Totally rubbish for commuting.

3. ;) Yep, don’t give a monkeys about fuel economy!
    Bike needs to have an acceptable range which needs to be at least 70 miles (60 until fuel light and 10 reserve) when thrashed imho.

4. I can see the DP Fuel Bladder Rucksack (rrp £240), hitting dealers this summer:skull::skull:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Well I'm not waiting for you to fill up on the 'Brekkie run', guess I will be on my second coffee by the time you turn up :laughing: staring at my 'touring' version of the V4:heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. first service done ✅
    750 miles on it now so have started opening it up and wow it’s mental!
    Proper Cracks on the upshift!
    With the ambient temps not very high it cooled itself below its virtual cooling limits when I was cruising on the motorway!
    Rev counter goes yellow/orange at 9-10k C04331E9-B473-4A4F-A833-C5CD2A698D22.jpeg
    Wondered what was happening at first!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Very straight forward software mods and makes total sense. Dunno why it hasn't been the norm in cars and bikes for years....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not been out on mine for 2 weeks so been itching to get out. Had a ride to Cadwell this morning, still taking it steady (up to 11-12-13k) bike feels good, midrange noticeably weaker than the s but it really is starting to go mental when it gets to 12-13k!
    Fuel light came on at 68 miles, did another 10 before I filled up.
    The bike feels super stable when pushing on! Maybe placebo but the front feels a LOT more stable on fast corner (mid through to exit) in fact I would go as far as saying startling so! :)
    But........got a bit an oil leak from within the clutch area! :(

#328 Chillo, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  9. 539A5A86-8427-4D1E-9EBA-FD6CA3E2E570.jpeg
    Wiped clean and seemed ok for next 60 miles or so.

D5816AC3-0832-4BA2-A732-18F07399DE33.jpeg

A couple of wheelies (coincidence?) and a bit oil appeared again :(

10. Where does the oil come from then in the clutch if it’s a dry clutch?

How do you stop dirt and dust getting into a open clutch like that then? Wouldn’t it affect its performance? Or is it sealed

Just trying to understand it for when mine comes

11. Out of interest. . What came with your V4R's. . Covers? Stands?

12. V4R.jpg

Took mine out yesterday and yep, about 70 miles to fuel light even at running in speeds.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nope and nope! :(

14. The oil on mine is a leak, shouldn’t be there!
    You don’t need to worry about anything getting in there! The centrifugal force of the spinning clutch keeps anything getting into it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. What running in did you do on your bike chum? I thought it was 1600 miles before you were allowed to exceed 9k?

16. Done over a 1000 on it now, been gradually building it up from 700 (under 8k for first 600). The motor feels spot on, it’s run in! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. That’s awesome to hear. 1600 miles on low revs will take forever for me. I guess I was worrying that there would be some form of data logging in the ECU that Ducati could interrogate in the event of any warranty issue that they could then use to not stand by the bike even on an unrelated matter.

18. I'm a bit confused as in my handbook it says to keep revs below 6,000 RPM which does seem quite low, is it a mis print as this is the same as the outgoing twin.

19. Yep!
    It’s 8k for the v4s which where the dash changes to orange this reset at first service. The cooling system seems way more efficient than in the s. If the ambient temp is low (below 10C) it cools itself so much that the it warns you the engine is cold! (I posted this previously)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Report from today’s ride:
    When I decided on going for the R in the back of my mind I thought it would be a real handful on bumpy uk roads, especially compared to the S with it’s semi active suspension!
    But tbh my concerns were for nothing! It feels super stable! I’m starting to really push it on some of my favourite roads and I’m getting hardly any electronic intervention in places where the s would be! It feels totally planted! Like it’s got a permanent dab of back brake keeping the front down! VERY impressed is a bit of an understatement! The suspension is amazing and feels very plush!
    For me, it’s an amazing fast road bike!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information