1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Dont know, sorry. I use sport pretty much all of the time. I suspect that it is more likely that you were applying the throttle 'gingerly' (your words not mine ;)). Probably go well above 100 miles before the light if that was the case??

2. I’m totally with you, but the tank was almost dry and the bike nearly ran out of fuel.

3. Checked your handbook? Fig 4, item 5 is the warning light and partial Fuel reserve,Trip Fuel is on page 98 of the V4s handbook? You sure it was running on vapour - the tank goes way under the seat....
    Other than that, I cant help. Try in sport next time (and give it the beans)??

4. Thanks Jack, I appreciate your time on this.

I’m certain it was running on vapour. Another few hundred metres and it would have conked out.

5. No cool! Its Richard BTW, Expat Jack refers to my home town.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ah, gotcha. My apologies chum.

7. No worries - hope you get to the bottom of the issue (as opposed to the bottom of the tank). Richard

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ha! Thank you.

9. There’s not many places you can put them sadly so they often are in the same kind of places. It’s why the thieves can find them so quickly :(

10. Best way to remove the doubt is to
    Stick a 5l tank of petrol in your rucksack and ride until it runs out so you can check the light comes on. If you’ve not got time to do a full tank then just pump some out with a tube into a jug.

11. Great idea thank you.

12. No fuel warning light, it's the same as on the s. Changes the trip to 0 to show range travelled on reserve.

13. Sorry C, am I being thick? Is what you’re saying that no light comes on, but instead the trip goes to 0? So I’ve got to keep an eye on the trip instead? Is that just in Race or at all times?

If at all times that’s dementing, not least of all cos I noticed this morning when I powered up the dash that there is a fuel indicator on the left hand side that illuminates.

14. Heads up for fellow R riders!
    Keep an eye on your fuel overflow pipe.
    On mine I have filled it to the neck of the tank when bike is on it's side stand (so definitely not overfilled!) and even after riding a few miles if I did a hard stop there would be a significant amount of fuel coming out of the overflow pipe under the bike!
    Apparently Ducati are aware as they have received a number of reports of v4r with this! But I've not been told of what is causing this or if there is a fix?

15. Yes, your trip counter resets to 0, then you can see how far you have travelled on reserve. I wouldn't want to go over 15 miles trip on reserve!
    It's the same on all rider modes

#375 Chillo, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  16. That’s nuts! So why even have the fuel light?

Thanks for letting me know buddy. Honestly thought I was losing my mind a little bit, which is now somehow even more possible having just paid 35k for a bike with a fuel light that is fitted but DELIBERATELY doesn’t come on.

17. Its not correct (at least not on my V4S). The warning light does come on and the trip immediately resets. I did not notice the trip reset until I had done a good few tankfulls TBH. The warning light is yellow. I think you need to adopt @Monners suggestion because if you are not getting a light something is wrong.

18. Never paid any attention to it on my V4S (I will now though). I'm old fashioned, I have a quick peep inside and give it a shake :laughing:

Mind you, I've generally got a jerry can within 6 feet of me as it's always at track days:):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I darn't try that at a track day. I've often sneered and jeered the tool that runs out of gas during a session....:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ask @Advikaz about fuel at Donny. Love you Ads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information