1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Haha

Yep. Got the fastest sector from Coppice to the pits on foot pushing a bike though ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. And that's a fair hike :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2019 and a bike with no fuel light...!

4. We're not sure yet. Still trying to work it out :laughing:

5. Page 24 of the V4r owners manual from ducatis website, says it does have a low fuel warning light, item 5. Comes on when there is 4.5 ltrs left

6. Meaning mine is broken? Or it’s mode dependent?

7. Instrument panel
    1) DISPLAY
    2) NEUTRAL LIGHT N (GREEN) Comes on when in neutral position.
    3) GENERIC ERROR WARNING LIGHT (AMBER YELLOW)
    It turns on when there are any "vehicle" errors, i.e. active errors triggered by any control unit other than the engine control unit.
    4) HIGH BEAM LIGHT (BLUE)
    It turns on to indicate that the high beam lights are on and when the flasher is activated.
    5) FUEL WARNING LIGHT (AMBER YELLOW) Comes on when fuel is low and there are about 4.5 litres (1.19 gallons) of fuel left in the tank.
    6) TURN INDICATOR LIGHTS (GREEN) 22
    Illuminates and flashes when the turn indicator is in operation.
    7) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT (RED) Comes on when engine oil pressure is too low. It must turn on at "KEY-ON", but must turn off a few seconds after the engine has started. It may shortly come on when the engine is hot, however, it should go out as the engine revs up.
    Important
    If the ENGINE OIL light stays ON, stop the engine or it may suffer severe damage.
    8) DAVC LIGHT (AMBER YELLOW)
    This light indicates DTC/DWC/DSC system enabling/disabling status.
    - Light off: DTC/DWC/DSC enabled and functioning;
    - Light ON flashing: DTC/DWC/DSC enabled, but with degraded performance;
    - Light steady ON: DTC/DWC/DSC disabled and/ or not functioning due to a fault in the control unit.

9) ENGINE DIAGNOSIS - MIL LIGHT (AMBER YELLOW)
    It turns on in the case of "engine" errors that in some cases will lock the engine.
    10) ABS LIGHT (AMBER YELLOW) Indicates ABS status.
    - Light off: ABS enabled and functioning;
    - Light ON flashing: ABS in self-diagnosis and/or
    functioning with degraded performance;
    - Light steady ON: ABS disabled and/or not
    functioning due to a fault in the ABS control unit.
    11) DRL LIGHT (GREEN)
    Indicates when the DRL lights status is in “AUTO” mode (not present in China, Canada and Japan versions).
    12) DTC INTERVENTION (AMBER YELLOW)
    - Light OFF: no intervention;
    - Light steady ON: advance cut or injection cut.
    13) OVER REV / IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM
    Over rev:
    - - -
    Each calibration of the Engine Control Unit may have a different setting for the thresholds that precede the rev limiter and the rev limiter itself.
    Immobilizer:
    - Light OFF: key-on status or key-off status for over 12 hours;
    - Light ON flashing: key-off status;
    Important
    If the display shows the message “TRANSPORT MODE”, immediately contact your Ducati Dealer that will delete this message and ensure the full operation of the motorcycle.
    Light OFF: no intervention;
    Light ON flashing: limiter;
    Light steady ON: first threshold (RPM no. before the limiter kicks in).
    Note

8. I promise you I’m not being thick. I am thick, but this isn’t because of that.

As I say, the light comes on when I start the dash up and then goes which means it’s working/ enabled/ exists, but no light came on when I was riding and I nearly ran out of fuel.

9. They removed it on the R to save weight.......

10. Not saying you are, manual clearly shows it should be there so test it in case it’s not

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tell you what. My light works, I am willing to let you have my V4s in return for your V4r, but ONLY igf you fill it up with fuel first. Deal?:upyeah::upyeah::motorcycleduc:

12. You’re too good to me. Thank you mate.

13. welcome ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. This the same manual that’s says to do the first 600 miles running in keeping it under 6k rpm :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. It would seem my V4R has turned up early, a whole month, :motorcycleduc::D

• Like Like x 7
  16. Update on my bike.
    New fuel cap fitted to the bike as the dealer found out part of the fuel cap insert had a spilt in it.
    Tested with a full tank and some hard stops and i'm still getting fuel dripping under the bike ('looks' like out of the overflow pipe). But definitely not as much as before.
    I did some further tests after doing about 30 fairly brisk miles and still got a few drips after a hard stop!
    Not sure what the answer is to this?
    I'm going to get the Rizoma DP fuel cap to see if this is any better?

The other issue I had with the small oil leak out of the clutch casing has been sorted with new clutch casing and improved seal.

Bike update, when pressing on I get 26mpg average, fuel trip comes on at 55 miles (no light!).
    Apart from this the bike is fookin immense! Wings are definitely a thing! Feels super planted under full throttle acceleration as it feels like it revs forever (and at speed like I have got a permanent dab of back brake!) It still wheelies if you provoke it!

#396 Chillo, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  17. Don't think the Rizoma DP cap will resolve anything but it'll certainly look cooler. Here's mine....

tankncap.png

18. Rizoma cap looks spot on! :D
    Not sure what the answer is?! Petrol obviously sloshes about in a petrol tank so the seal in the inner neck should stop fuel coming up past it! Never had this with the v4s! :(

19. The two 10mm hoses that run down the clutch side of the tank, I think one is a vent and the other an overflow. Strip out your cap assembly and have a butchers. There's a rubber gasket at the bottom. Just check its not out of position over the vent and drain orifice. There's also an o-ring encompassing the cap. There's not much else to it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Better bike, see ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information