1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Probably why you're all getting bad mileage as half of your fuel is on the deck...........

2. Finally put 600 miles on mine yesterday, the 600th mile happening as I pulled in to @nelly place, so that he can do the service, remove some of the wilful cheapness and ditch the boat anchor at the bottom of the bike.

I cannot wait to get it back and see what it’s like above 8k.

• Like Like x 1
  3. He won’t be able to reset the service light till it’s got 623 miles on it.

4. Is this a joke I don’t understand?

5. Probably not, no. ~623 miles is 1000km. Probably the reset threshold set by Ducati.

6. But everyone said it was 600 miles! This is so frustrating. I’m going to have to ride it around the block a dozen times when I go to collect it just to then have it reset.

7. It’s always been 623 miles!!

8. I’ve literally never seen anyone say this before. All references to running in I’ve ever seen/ heard are for “the first 600 miles” not “the first 600 miles, and then another 23 miles”. Looks like I’ll be riding around @nelly block a few times then.

9. Fill the tank with sponge. Won’t slosh around then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The brain is still running in km's, so it's a 1000 km's or 623 ish miles. Not a problem on the newer bikes as we can reset within a "window" now and 600 is in there. If not, i'll just have to get a few more miles on her for you :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you’re too good to me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 6959E417-3B34-4563-B7BC-A6C75809F43C.jpeg 6DCEF3A5-5097-4422-B0F6-BE6412ACBF75.jpeg @nelly just sent me these pictures. My bike is ready for collection tomorrow.

There is literally no way I’m sleeping tonight. Or possibly ever again.

Can’t even begin to describe how lucky I feel.

• Like Like x 14
  13. Beautiful! Now get that clutch cover off, there's a good lad ;):upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It’s staying on. Sorry mate.

Whilst I understand that the sound of a dry clutch is a part of the innate characteristics of a Ducati, it also sounds like Pinocchio being fist fucked with an empty aerosol can, and somehow that feels cruel to wood and to children.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Suppose that’s one way to look at it

16. Definitely! Looks mega and I love the sound!

If I hadn’t taken mine off I wouldn’t have known I had an oil leak!
    Just had clutch casing replaced along with updated seal :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes. I’m aware that there are others. It takes all sorts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fitted Rizoma DP tank cap at the weekend, had a good run out yesterday and seems to have almost cured my fuel overflow issue. No drips under moderate braking, did a hard stop (back end coming round sort of hard) from 'speed' after doing about 30ish miles and there was 2-3 drips.
    Bike is running great, goes off the clock at just over 14k.
    Back tyre totally destroyed with 1500 miles on the clock.
    Have got another Supercorsa v3 to go on for the TT next week, will be trying a Corsa II after the TT! (they are available in 200/60 now!)

oh and my fuel light works! :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Thank God for that. I was considering never getting one ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Got back from the TT late last night (out there since Tuesday) no race bikes on track since Tuesday:( weather been pretty bad!
    I did get the bike up the mountain a few times but it was a bit sketchy! Visibility not good with drizzle/mist/low cloud and pretty cold with damp/wet road! Bike ran spot on though! I have done 2300 miles now, think my clutch is on its way! its slipped a little a few times and it’s not as crisp as when I wind it on!

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information