1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. lol funny i take your not buying one then ?

2. I like stuff like this, regardless of the brand. Manufacturers should be competing and pushing the envelope, or we'd still be on BSA Bantams.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I’m waiting for a V4 Streetfighter.... Could be a long wait....

4. Listen knowing Ducati it will be sooner than you think.
    Or they will say there is no market for it you will invest in another bike.
    Then hay ho they bring out a StreetFighter lol.
    i cant see why they would not bring it out ?
    Hope they don't waste anymore money on that Scrambley thing lol

5. Seriously though... who thinks the darker front frame is a massive improvement?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I think it does in red, but the Corse colours suit the silver frame.

7. Do we know the price of the V4S Corse yet?

8. Like the V4 or not, Ducati had to do something in order to get a race competitive package. It is very clear that the 1199R was no match for the jap IL4 or RSV4 at that level.
    Amazingly the 1199R is the only Ducati superbike that had not won at least 1 WSBK championship tittle. (not that it really matters since 80% of the sport bikes end up being used on the road)

9. I wasn't overly impressed with the V4, but I really do like the V4R. Think I might buy two, one for each buttock!:heart_eyes:

10. Corrected for you.

11. eeeeeeeeeeerrrrr thanks.

12. But why one for the pillion when there isn't a rear seat, bit of an oversight :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wouldn't disgaree and i suspect we are probably right at the peak of performance from a ICE that we will ever see.

14. On the track yes i would agree. But as a road bike, even the standard V4 makes little sense as you can use so little of what it is capable of.

15. Price announced: £34,995

No news on race exhaust

16. Ducati's core market for stuff like this is still the road, and I can't imagine many will end up being as used a track bikes due to the cost despite being designed for it and probably not an amazing road bike (this is a good thing)
    I expect it'll be very popular at places like Ace Cafe by middle aged men in Dainese Air suits with knee sliders that have only ever seen a bench grinder :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bench grinder? In between track days, I just use the roundabout nr my daughters house. Its brill. Breaks new ones in nicely. Then swap em over. Or the ones nr Winchester GP (A31).

#77 bootsam, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  18. Go to a Ducati track day or a foreign track day and there are quite a few of V4s being ridden.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I track all mine :D
    1299s went round Cadwell when it was a week old! :)
    Same with the v4 :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information