1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. I don't want to insult any Speciale owners but with the V4R at £35k doesn't this make the Speciale an overpriced white elephant? I'll get my coat !.....:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Thats why i never brought one and would never buy HATE the colour scheme with a passion.
    You could not give me one looks like a xmas tree lol in my opinion .
    So i agree with you

#102 trevorhavoc, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  3. You get nice Ducati-by-Rizoma rear-sets with the Speciale. Not with the R. So that makes the Speciale special!

4. I think you are right, hence my deposit is back in the bank, there is a Speciale sized hole in my bike storage facilties and room’for another R, maybe!
    I am waiting to see the impact on Speciale prices and have been practising my best smug grin in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  5. mmmmm rizoma :confused::rolleyes:

6. The speciale in real life to me was one of the nicest bikes I have seen.

7. This doesn't look too bad. :p Thanks for the guys at my local dealer for sending me them.
    corse1.jpg corse2.jpg corse3.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. I'd be kicking myself if I'd bought an FE.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Looks different - a bit.
    Duacti folk are slow to accept change and they've had a while now to accept the look of the standard bike.

10. so why would you pay virtually the same price for a FE when you could get an R?

11. Maybe a better road bike though.

12. The R may be awful nipping to the bike meet and Sunday mornings. It may well only suit front rooms and the track.

13. i dont think any Ducati sports bike make a particularly good road bike.

My point was more around value for price and residual value.. won't the FE drop like a fat kid on a see saw and the R like all R's retain a better value?

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. I saw this coming thats why i choose my bikes very very carefully.
    And so have brought the right bikes so far.

15. I would envisage it will always be worth more than a base or S but less long term than a R.

But if someone is buying to ride it anyway you will always have depreciation, just a question of how much.

16. Ive only ever brought (R).
    Or sps.
    Never brought (S) or base model.
    And will NEVER.
    All Great Bikes tho and there are bikes for everybody too choose from each person has in there mind and budget what suits them.
    And whatever model they get im sure they are grinning from ear to ear lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The reducuced depreciation seems to by a fallacy, you pay considerably more for them. 2015 R’s are going for 18k and they have barely been run in! That seems to me like £11k depreciation from riding it to the shops and back, people who actually ride their bikes will be taken to the cleaners when trying to trade in or sell a well used example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It all depends on how the v4 races. If it performs well, then its desirability will be strengthened. Perform badly and well, why pay premium money for medoicrity? Ducatis premium is in part baded upon its race heritage. If that continues in its current dismal vane, then i expect the premium will mean something only to those prepared to pay over the odds for something that has a false perception of quality. Ducatis havent been pretty since the desmo, 1098r or 999r. The pani is only nice front and back. Side on its incoherent. The v4 is a dog to look at out of the box. You have to add a few bits for its design to come together. The v4r is vastly better on the eye. I quite like the v4 corse tho. Must be that frame bit. But if it cleans up in racing, then who gives s shit ill want one badly.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information