1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Nov 4, 2018.

1. I asked the dealer the same question over the weekend. Whilst it’s the similar system, the mapping will just be for the V4R. It will also be difficult to re-map too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Interesting that it's NOT been homologated for Superstock use??? I totally get the rationale, BSB don't want superstock turning into something that represents bikes that are unobtainable to most, regardless of the reality of what a current top spec superstock bike would probably cost...

3. just out of interest, who has got a LOI in for the R? are you placing (or placed) an order?

4. Not me. Took a punt with the V4S, which I'm delighted with. Funds permitting, I might order a V4R gen 2. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Akro full system for the R is unique to the R only.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Yes paid for mine January new the figure from just reading snippets.
    V4R Gen 2 will Defiantly happen 100%.
    There is no reason why it would not.

7. Drat! No surprise there though. It's a different engine I suppose. Cheers :):upyeah:

8. Good! Interesting times ahead.

Do you know if the bodywork between the current V4 and the V4R will be interchangeable?

9. At the moment I think the V4R is the most desirable machine out there; it's almost alien how hardcore it looks. Usually it would be exactly what I would want if I could find the cash but at the moment I can't justify it on top of running a race bike. There was a V4S hire bike available at Portimao this week I was really tempted to try out but needed to spend time sorting the BMW. The sound of the V4 coming back into the paddock was unreal. At the same time it's the worst thing about it since its too loud for the UK and basically a toy for Spain and Italy. It's not such a bad thing but I'd likely need to spend time learning to ride the racebike on those trips rather than riding an R. Anyway I'll probably pay no attention to logic and put an order down next week :)

#169 Monners, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Are you sure thats not just the map? Historically the systems have usually been transferable between the R and S models.

11. That's what I thought but the V4R will have a shorter stroke I think. Whether that changes the exhaust ports or heads, I'm not sure. Probably, is what I'm thinking.

12. 80D24E0D-F762-41EE-91ED-B231698C66A6.jpeg I received this just now so I guess my interest is noted!

13. Appears to be in an indecipherable foreign language. I can smell notes of garlic and surrender.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Meh, the cheese is quite tasty though!

15. I stand corrected, just checked and its the same part numbers for both, the upmap is no longer by stick, it's done on line. Apologies guys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. But historically the engine capacity was the same. 100cc less so maybe different exhaust ports and diameter pipe

17. Sorry I'm betraying how little time I've been riding! When I say historically I mean the 1199S/R and 1299S/1199R!

18. Seen the ducati spec list on the v4r has been updated this week to ‘Hydraulically controlled slipper dry clutch’

19. was that one previously owned by robert de niro...

20. Yeah, and they had a team of tech's going through and changing the press bikes over from the wet clutches.

I wonder why they have done this... the argument that it's easier to change quickly for racing I guess is valid, although most teams can change the wet clutches pretty damn quick these days. Oil contamination I guess could be a factor given that the service intervals are still quite long on the 'R', but my guess is that there is an innovation that they are looking to bring to the clutch system over the next few years which they need an open clutch set up to facilitate... Long term strategy type thing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information