1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Build - From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Feb 20, 2020.

1. There was me thinking well I might be riding past 60 years age after all, all my hopes dashed......:sob:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sorry to hear about your Dad and the redundo. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build, and chin up, something will come up job wise

3. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Reminded me of the 44teeth Crazy Old Men track antics. For those over .......

:eek:

That’s just out of school for gods sake :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. That’s rough news @Topolino

Hope things turn around for you soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I missed that comment apologies

I hope that things start to improve for you soon mate @Topolino

7. Amazing build.. looking forward for more content!!:upyeah::upyeah:

8. Hey Rod, hope things are working out for you, just wondered how your build is getting on, still massively impressed with the project and hope you’re in a good place to finish it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hi Dartanion. Well I was officially made redundant about three weeks ago and have luckily found another job that's based in Holland. Sadly it is 5 days on, 5 days off and I have to pay for my own flights, accommodation, food and travel each way, so I'm going to have to suck it up for 6 months and hope they win another UK contract in order that I can transfer back to blighty. If not I will be looking for another job probably overseas. On a positive note my previous employer is paying me a reasonably generous redundancy settlement, so some of that will cushion the blow and the rest will go on paving the driveway, which is almost all that is left to complete the garage/annexe. I am hoping to have both mine and my wife's bike home in the next few weeks. I've forgotten what they look like after 15 months in storage! I've been juggling so many balls at work and elsewhere that I have not had a lot of time to post on here, but I will endeavour to post up some pics this week (I keep saying that I know!). The build has come on "quite a bit" since the last photos I uploaded.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. At last, after 15 looooong months in dry storage, the bike is finally back and in the new garage. Hoping to get the project/build back on track soon, as my work schedule is crazy busy right now and there is a mountain of work in the house to complete, as well as completing the flooring and skirting boards in the garage, before I can dedicate quality time to the build, but rest assured it will restart soon.

Spent a long time prepping the bike before storage and it certainly paid off after such an extensive period under cover. Having removed the indoor cover and a multitude of bubble wrap and blankets with a few more pieces to go and the exhaust blanking tape, all's good it appears.

20201124_193318.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  11. Looking forward to this. BTW skirting boards are overrated.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. With the garage almost complete I have finally been able to sort out the myriad of boxes that contain all the parts for the remainder of the build. Had quite a few to sort through. Some parts I ordered over a year ago and they've been sitting in the house until now. I'm really looking forward to resuming things where I left off 18 months ago. Watch this space.

I've got a mini mountain of parts to go on the bike

20210126_164324.jpg

Also bought some "easy peel" shadow foam so I can sort out all my tools for the new tool cabinet.

20210126_164340.jpg

Removed the last of the storage protective bungs and bubble wrap. All set to go!!

20210126_164304.jpg

• Like Like x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Fitted these LighTech billet alloy reservoir caps. Much better looking than the stock plastic items.
    20210127_170014.jpg

A quick and easy mod

20210127_170644.jpg 20210127_170601.jpg
    20210127_170701.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. I've uses Desmoworld products before and Chris Schipfer makes some exquisite items including these fantastic billet alloy frame caps that fit into the unsightly swing arm pivot bolt holes. Even the presentation case they come in is a work of art. We'll worth a look at their website.

Presentation is excellent
    20210127_170832.jpg 20210127_170856.jpg
    Before
    20210127_171119.jpg
    ...and after
    20210127_171301.jpg 20210127_171251.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. STM timing inspection cover fitted.

20210127_173555.jpg 20210127_173602.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Been debating whether to fit a swing arm protector for a while but since this one does not mask too much of the Cerakoted swing arm I settled on the DP version which I had clear coated, to match all the other carbon parts fitted.

20210127_172147.jpg

Bit of a tight fit that needed a little fettling but overall pretty straightforward.

20210127_180902.jpg

#196 Topolino, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Finally fitted the Motogadget glass-less bar end mirrors I mentioned some months back. Will still need to adjust and fine tune their position for the optimum rear view but I won't do this until the bike takes to the road.

20210127_183321.jpg

These mirrors are wafer thin and beautifully made.

20210127_184320.jpg

I'm leaving the protective covers on for now.

20210127_184442.jpg

20210127_184416.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. I'll be fitting the DMS bluetooth module tomorrow. I had to have it initialized on a Multistrada at the dealer first to activate it and then its due a software update which I'll have done along with the Akra map and any other updates at the dealer at some future point.

20210127_181641.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. That swingarm cover was insanely beautiful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. These look absolutely superb, I'd be really tempted by these because the mirrors on the V2 are absolutely horrible. They vibrate so much that if I look at them for any more than a glance they make my eyes go funny!

Which mirrors did you get, the ECE ones or the smaller version? I like that they have gone to the effort to fully EC approve the components as it means not needing to faff come MOT time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information