1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Build - From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Feb 20, 2020.

1. @Topolino

So happy to see you have your bike back and continuing with the build.
    Now I can look forward to getting my 'fix' again. :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  2. My wallet is getting twitchy seeing these stunning parts :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Phil I have the "mo.view spy" ECE approved street mirrors. These are the smallest versions they currently produce. Well worth the money. You will need a specially made adaptor to fit them if like me you wish to use them in conjunction with their bar end indicators on a Panigale. Chris at Desmoworld made some up for me and they are nothing short of sublime. Check back through this build thread where I have uploaded more images of them and added further details.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pretty pleased with it. It does look much better in a clear coat but then I am biased in that sense.

5. Ordered some Stahlbus bleeder valves from Germany to replace the stock items. Clutch slave cylinder, both front calipers and rear caliper. Ingenious system that let's you reverse fill the system by opening the upper half of the nipple assembly by two turns. Once full, you simply close it again then reopen it by half a turn and just pump the lever to bleed any air out. Once done you close the bleeder upper half and job done. Spring and ball valve prevent air bring drawn back in to the system when you release the clutch or brake lever while bleeding the system. They are not cheap but worth it for the ease of use. I also purchased the Stahlbus anodized dust caps.

20210128_200855.jpg

20210128_200923.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Fitted the Bluetooth DMS module tonight. Five min job but ended up using genuine 3M Dual Lock, as the adhesive pads supplied as part of the fitting kit were just not man enough to really secure the module securely. It's rock solid now. It's also a tiny part barely much bigger than a matchbox which is comforting as space around the headlight assembly is at a premium.

20210128_214140.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. thanks mate, spot on

8. Great to see you back on track with this buddy, I’ll be watching with interest. Hope the work situation is more settled, loving those bar mirrors, going to look at something similar myself as I’m really not keen on the OEM ones.

9. Yes I'm gainfully employed again, for which I am very grateful and lucky, especially in this current climate. Glad to be back on the build again. Its been a long time coming.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Any clearance issues with these?

11. No they are a little longer but they clear the spokes of the alloy wheels just fine. I'm running Oz Gass wheels as opposed to stock so I can't speak for the OEM wheels.

12. Front and rear Stahlbus bleeder valves fitted. Dust caps will go on once I've bled the system.

20210129_211005.jpg 20210129_211156.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Decided after much deliberation to go in a different direction from the original rearsets I chose and went with these Gilles Tooling MUE2 ones instead. Highly configurable and utilize a much simpler adjustment system without the usual plethora of mounting points. I'll post up pics of them fitted tomorrow.

As a result I'm now selling the Bonamici rearsets, which were trial fitted to the bike but never actually used, since its not yet been ridden on the road. More info will be in the for sale section probably by the weekend for anyone interested in them.

20210129_165256.jpg

#213 Topolino, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Finally completed fitting the new rearsets. Doubtless they will need adjusting to suit me but that will wait until the bike hits the road. Very pleased with the end result however.

20210130_131217.jpg 20210130_131259.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  15. Stahlbus clutch bleeder valve fitted. Was going to reverse bleed all the brake systems but running out of time now as I'm heading back to Blackpool tomorrow morning for another 12 day stint at work, so that's it for short while.

20210130_182112.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. How do you like the bleeders? Have been planning on getting them for some time so really interested in hearing the opinions of it from someone not pushing them as a vendor. :laughing:

17. Can't say for sure yet as I have yet to fill/bleed the system but from listening to others who've bought and fitted them, it just the ease of use that appealed to me and that you dont need to faff around with messy and often ineffective vacuum bleeders. I'll post up my own findings in due course.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sounds good! Looking forward to reading how they turn out!

19. Wow ,they are stunning

Do Not Sell My Personal Information