1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Build - From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Feb 20, 2020.

1. So I am finally collecting the bodywork tomorrow (thank f**k for that!!), but before I adorn the bike in it's new clothes. I thought I would add a quick 360 video and some gratuitous shots of the bike as it stands before most of it gets covered up. Here's the video.

#301 Topolino, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Here are the last images before I put some clothes on this bike...

20210816_152752.jpg

20210816_152714_01.jpg

20210816_152810.jpg

20210816_152827.jpg

20210816_152910.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  3. Outstanding!! The attention to detail is incredible

4. Amazing.

Can't wait to see it finished

5. Fk me cap well and truly doffed, sir.

6. Bittersweet tho Tops, as when finished what will you obssess over next?

Maybe I should get a V4, so I can grab some cheap(er) bits when you move onto your next obssession.

Ducati deffo should do the frame and swingarm like you have. Looks the nuts.

7. Hmm, I think this one is a keeper (for now!). Invested too much time, effort and green folding stuff into it, to turn my attention to something else. Looking for a smaller project in the future, to add to the stable, most likely a much older smaller capacity Italian bike. Not enough free-time ATM, to undergo a massive job like this again. Then again I have been known to fall prey to a changeable mind. Ditto on Ducati's choice of colours, one of the reasons why I went with the magnesium option for the frame and swingarm, that and because it's a bit different to the plain old black/silver offering.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Very very nice!

9. Absolutely fantastic work, your attention to detail is spot on. Looking forward to seeing the body work on.
    First class :upyeah::upyeah:

10. You're yet to test out the Mass Damper I'm guessing? Still on the fence on buying one.

11. Afraid so. All the best laid plans and all that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fantastic Rod….. Nice to see your on the home straight! Now it’s time to ride and enjoy :)

Very little time left of the season so make the most of it:upyeah: and hopefully the weather picks up again once the kids are back at school:D

13. Arrrgh, just found this thread and read through the whole thing only to be kept in suspense!
    Amazing attention to detail, loving it!

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Let’s hope it starts:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. You and me both!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Have all my digits crossed for you:upyeah:

17. Unboxed the last few parts to go on the bike. Some of these have not seen the light of day for almost 2 years.

Ilmberger front subframe caps.

Aug-1.jpg

Lightech mirror block off plates (the bolts supplied with these are woefully short, so I am replacing them with longer stainless ones). The washers are not needed, as the new bolts have a flanged button head, as per the OEM ones.

Aug.jpg

Some of the seat & tank hardware ready to go back on plus some bodywork fixings. Clamps for the fuel delivery line and velcro pads for the tank, are all being replaced with new items (not in picture). Last of the stainless bolts are in the marked bags to the right.

Aug-2.jpg

New wider screen and Probolt titanium screen bolt kit, seat, nose decal/badge and new seat panel rubbers.

Aug-3.jpg

New sound deadening kit for the upper fairings. Whilst the kit makes use of star washer clips (all replaced with new items) to secure the panels in place, they are backed with a very strong adhesive, so require careful placement before you remove the backing paper, as you only get one shot to position them correctly. As with previous projects, I will brush coat the star washer clips in Waxoil, to help prevent corrosion, since they are spring steel and prone to rust.

20210818_175122.jpg

#318 Topolino, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Time to unwrap the bodywork. This is most of it, the tank, seat unit and nose were not ready when I collected these parts last week and have another day to fully cure, so collecting them on Friday.

20210817_133840 (1).jpg

Here is one of the completed upper side fairings, with new sound deadening panels and star washer clips, rubber grommets, bolt/screw fixings and dual-lock pads all in place (I crossed referenced a photo I had to ensure these were in the correct position)

20210819_183817.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Incredible build.

Trouble is, you’re kind of in the same club as me all be it next level in your case.

And that’s the ‘Shit Scared to Ride the Arse off my Stunning Bike Club because I’ve Spunked a Fortune on it’ club… :D

I’m at Donington tomorrow. I even thought of taking the SDR, but no! I shall be taking the V4S for a jolly good spanking, dam it….

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information