1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Build - From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Sorry one and all, work and family bereavements have seriously swallowed up most of my time. However there is a light at the end of my build project tunnel and it's inching very very close to completion now. In the meantime, here is a sneak preview. I've set aside some time this week to take some pictures and compile a video which will follow on later.

sneak-preview.jpg

• Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. The entire internet is waiting on this :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. All the best to your family @Topolino

That's a very enticing teaser, can't wait to see this... :heart_eyes:

4. ive just re-read this whole 19 pager again....amazing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 19 pages!! When’s the hardback out?
    Looking forward to the finish sir

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry peeps, I know it's been a looooong time coming and the bike is now 99.9% finished but more importantly so is the promised video, which I will be posting up here when I finish work around 8pm tonight. :) Hi-res pics will follow maybe later, if not tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Drum roll….. :D

How much do you reckon you’ve got in this bike now? I know it’s a slightly unquantifiable question and it doesn’t really matter, but it’s gotta be north of £100k. And that’s paying yourself minimum wage :p

Looking forward to seeing the pictures/vids :):upyeah:

8. Hey FC, no nowhere near that, in reality. Labour was all mine, aside from some outsourced work such as the Cerakoting and removing/replacing swingarm hub, bushes, seals, bearings, headstock races etc. Probably closer to £15-20K on top of list price, so around £45K. Still a fair chunk of change but yes, had I paid for the labour, the costs would have been eye watering, given the hours poured into this bike. It's probably a rabbit hole I won't go down again TBH but you never know. :astonished:

• Like Like x 4
  9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Is it 8pm yet?

11. Will be leaving work shortly, I'll upload it as soon as I get home, as I said probably around 8pm. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Right then, here it is. Once again apologies for the protracted wait, but you know the story by now. Incidentally this is my first foray into using a GoPro so don't expect a Blockbuster! This is very much a case of me dipping my toe into video production. By the way hopefully by the time you see this, Youtube will have processed the HD and 4K version but if not it's still of an OK quality, albeit bar the shaky camera. I will post up all the high res images tomorrow. Enough hot air from me. Here is the link.......

• Like Like x 22
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. The best way to keep costs down is by not writing them down! At least that's what I've been doing with my builds! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Very very nice.

15. man thats frikkin amazing! well done topo

16. Gorgeous. Love the gold lining on the paint job. Really works.

17. Stunning ,
    When do you get to ride it ?

18. Smashing

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information