1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Build - From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Feb 20, 2020.

1. now thats cool!

• Like Like x 3
  2. I was well impressed innitt

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gonna send that to my dear old dad. :upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Do it, a few things I didn’t do/show or say with me pops, sadly he fell ill and was gone within a week. Heart attack.

@Topolino apologies I thought I’d posted this in another section, I’m spoiling your build thread.

@El Toro Apologies can you move the start of my highjack to it’s own thread or will I need to delete my input?

5. No apology needed. Content is something I am short of providing at present, with the build effectively on hold until the garage is constructed, notwithstanding the current situation, which might push it back even further and that is frustrating to say the least. In the grand scheme of things however, this is nothing more than a motorcycle and there are far more pressing problems we are all facing at the moment, so a sense of perspective never did me any harm.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Where did you buy that stuff from please Topolino?
    TIA

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow:eek:
    @PerryL something to aim for:upyeah:

8. I will root around through my receipts and let you know.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I got them from here: https://kojaycat.co.uk/

Regards..Topo

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Jesus, what a thread. I’ve read all of it! Amazing!

I wish I had the skills, tools and patience to do this but I have none of those sadly.

Keep going!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks Jewell. I hope to kick start the project back into life once the lockdown measures are relaxed and I can get the garage build completed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So a much needed update.....the garage (see my other thread on its progress) is rapidly nearing completion. We've yet to sort out the driveway to/from it, so that I hope, will be completed by the end of this month. Unfortunately this year has dealt me some rather cruel blows as I lost my Dad during the lockdown and I'm now facing redundancy (again!). That being said, it might mean we have to rethink the driveway (original plan was to block pave it as I categorically hate shingle) but we will probably have the builder lay the concrete base such that we can block pave it at a later date as funds allow or my redundancy money comes through. Either way, the main priority now is to have vehicle access to the garage so that we can collect the bikes from their over a year long slumber and kickstart the build again. I have so many boxes of parts to go on the bike I have now lost count and my wife is keen to finally clear out the one room in the house we have been unable to use since moving in, owing to it being full of bike parts, beds, furniture, all of which is destined to go into the new building. I can only apologise for the extended wait, mostly due to the lockdown / Covid-19 situation which has protracted things greatly. Normal service will be resumed soon!

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 2
  13. Sorry to hear about the redundancy, hope it works out soon :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Let’s hope things improve as best they can for you soon and we can all look forward to your build once more..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks chaps. I'm kind of used to this merry-go-round now after 5 redundancies in 24 years, not potentially including this one. Nature of the beast in the oil and gas industry, which has been in steady decline (from an aviation perspective) for the past two decades. It won't stop the build but it does entail another bout of re-arranging one's priorities in life and finding my feet again with a new employer, if it comes to that. Rest assured, this project will continue, so for now it's a waiting game, ideally just a few more weeks, maybe sooner.

• Like Like x 5
  16. One of the reasons I became a contractor many years ago, you have no redundancy protection but you know exactly where you stand rather than they pretend to care until the next oil price shock and feck you over. Good luck with the employment search and looking forward to the build :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but that video was a wind up. It was actually Andy Carlile (the current ring record holder on 2 wheels) riding that V4 :)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andy and the “Baron”(RIP) first showed me around the Ring back in 2008, on my 1098S. Great times.

• Like Like x 1
  19. What happened to Bren was very sad. Very sad indeed.

Roy who is a member on here knew him very well :(

20. Yeah, I heard a few days after. Shocking and a real loss to the biking community.

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information